Highlighted

gift card can't be used to pay bill online; card number format different

I'm trying to use my gift card to pay my bill online.  The system seems to want an 11 digit card number and a six digit pin.  That is NOT how my gift card number is formatted.  I have a 16 digit card number (similar to a credit card number) and NO separate identifiable pin.  Online it keeps telling me the card number is invalid, but I can call and check the balance and confirm that it has a balance of $100, but does not appear to be useable...

Any help here?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: gift card can't be used to pay bill online; card number format different

Customer Support

OLSONJ32,

A Verizon Gift Card can most certainly be used toward your bill and this can be confirmed by viewing item #4 under 'General Information' here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/pay-bill-faqs/. Based on your description, are you certain that this was a Verizon Gift Card or a Prepaid credit card? Do you see the labels for Visa, Mastercard or something else on the card? If so, this would indicated a Prepaid credit card and you would use the Credit Card payment method compared to the Gift Card option.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

I am having the same issue. When I try to pay online it says the pin is not valid.  When I call #4438 it tells me how much is on the card and gives the option to pay.  When I provide my account information and pin number and it provides the balance and tells me to select 1 to make the payment, which I did.  It then tells me the payment cannot be processed. The recording tells me if get operater assistance to make the payment it will cost $7.  Why should I pay when the Verizon gift card doesn't work?

Highlighted

Did not help at all... just sent me back through the same loop I've already been through multiple times.

Highlighted

Customer Support

We are terribly sorry to see that you are having issues using your Gift Card to pay your bill. Please tell us, have you tried to go to our "Pay My Bill" page to pay your bill with your Gift Card? Here is the link: https://ebillpay.verizonwireless.com/cws/viewLogin.action#/payments

MonicaG_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Can you use a Visa, Mastercard, or Amex gift card to pay the bill online?  My Amex gift card will not go through.  It keeps telling me the payment can't be processed and there is definitely a balance on the card because I checked.  Gift cards are so common, why would you not allow them to be used?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

It is important to know the options to pay your bill, we'll be glad to clarify. All major gift cards are accepted as a method of payment for your bill. Have you used this card previously?

AlfredoL_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

READ THIS I HAVE THE ANSWER!!!! I had a similar problem. Even the customer service hotline couldn’t help. For all gift cards that have a major credit card logo on it do the following:

1. Log on to the website on the back of the card.

2. Follow prompts that say “my account” or similar.

3. Then scroll down until you see “Add a zip code”. 
It really is that simple. Then you can you can log into the Verizon app and pay your bill! 

0 Likes
Highlighted

This is useless and the links you graciously send are nothing more than the same site I am sure most have been trying to pay or use them on. 

I have 3 $100 and one $50 I purchased from a Verizon agent on the phone because the purchase was also a problem.

Fix this stop sending me through the same stupid pages then I want to do a complaint that goes far above the basic agent and my phone unlocked because EVERYTHING I try to do with Verizon is like working with a 5 year old and that is cruel to 5 year olds

Highlighted

Customer Support

shawns68, we are here for you to help with your gift cards. So we can take a closer look, please send us a Private Note. JoseL_VZW

0 Likes