Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

frustrated that I am paying >$200/month for my plan which is more than a new subscriber

jhbulli

As a 20+ year Verizon customer, I am frustrated that I am paying >$240/month for my "More Everything Unlimited Talk & Text" 3 lines with 10 Gb data which is more than a new subscriber on Edge.  I did the online analysis plus talked to a rep and was told I have the best plan for my needs.  I don't want new phones (have 2 iPhone 5S & 1 iPhone 6), I want credit as a long time customer.  I am about to retire and lose my corporate discount so my rate will go up even more.  How about an incentive for customers >10 years?

T-Mobile and Sprint are advertising lower rates but I suspect that doesn't include fees such as the "Smartphone Line Access" $40/phone I pay now?

Labels (1)

Re: frustrated that I am paying >$200/month for my plan which is more than a new subscriber

MiiHere
Leader

Every carrier has a $40 line access fee. If any of the lines are not on any contract you can get the month to month discount on that line which will decrease your bill. People on the Edge program do save more money, but it's after a period of 2 years, you don't see instant results on your bill.

Re: frustrated that I am paying >$200/month for my plan which is more than a new subscriber

BloodyKaoz

If you switch to EDGE after your contract is up, you can have fully paid off phones on edge (you dont have to have a device installment plan to be on edge) and have the smaller $15 line access fee instead of $45 plus not be under contract, while saving $75 with the lowered access fees. You are paying (im assuming) $80 for your plan (10gb of data) plus another $120 for 3 smartphone lines, plus taxes and whatnot. Lower your data to 6gb (do you really need 10? limit everyone's usage to 2gb per phone, use wifi more often) and switch to edge after your contract and your bill will drop a good amount.

MiiHere
Leader

If they are no longer under contract, 2 year or Edge, then they can qualify for a month to month discount of $25.

An Edge plan IS an installment plan paid over a period of 2 years, though you can pay it off sooner and then switch to the month month discount.

Line access fee's without any discount are $40, not $45.

0 Likes

BloodyKaoz

My typo on the $45 access fee, meant $40. Also, didn't know there was a month to month $25 discount, only knew there was edge, contract, and pre-pay. Will have to take a look at that, thanks.

0 Likes

BridgettA

We have 4 smartphone lines, Edge, unlmt talk & text & 6G data. Our bill is about $260/ month. Can I get this cheaper?

0 Likes

MiiHere
Leader

I would just make sure you're paying $70 for the $6gb of data, it seems to be $80 usually.

What 4 smartphones do you have? It sounds like some of them have a greater monthly installment fee than the $25 you're saving, which is okay, but that's what makes your bill so high also.

$70 6GB

$60 - 4 smartphone line access fees

$100 - 4 smartphone installment fees (this is just a guess)

This alone is $230 + taxes and fees

0 Likes

BridgettA

Only 3 of the smartphones (All 4 are iPhone 5s) are on installment plans. But you're right. I just wish there was some way to lower the bill. I am also getting an 18% discount as a state employee and I don't really see that either.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes

MiiHere
Leader

The 18% discount would make your 6GB of data a month drop down to $57.40

$57.40 6gb of data

$40 line access fee for the non Edge phone (is this one still in a 2 year contract?)

$45 line access fee for 3 Edge devices

$68.73 Edge installments for 3 iPhone 5s

That drops your bill down to around $211.13 - I find it hard to believe you're paying $50 in fees and taxes which would put you at the $260 you mentioned, so I would look into your bill a bit further to make sure everything is set up correctly.

0 Likes

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

BridgettA, we want you to take advantage of every benefit available to you on our network. Did you have a chance to view your itemized detailed bill online at My Verizon which will reflect your corporate discount? Click the link below to sign in:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/myverizonlp/

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes