fraud hold

qdemon

Why is my  order refused by the Fraud Department?  Has Verizon gone insane?  I placed an order online and received two e-mails requiring me to call to confirm.  To my surprise, when I called I was told that my account was being refused.  When I asked why, I was told that I am not authorized to receive that information.  [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] ??  VZW took all my info online, which is easily verified, but chose to arbitrarily refuse my order after the fact.  No explanation.  No options.  No recourse.  Just "no".

Thank you,

Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes

Re: fraud hold

Community Manager
Community Manager

qdemon,

Sorry to hear about an order being held. We never want to put undue stress on any of our customers. Because of the nature of their function, the fraud department may have some additional security requirements when contacted. Are you the primary account holder who's social security number was used to initially establish the account? If so, I would recommend giving them a try again at 1-888-483-7200. If not, I would recommend having the Account Holder contact them at their first convenience.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

qdemon

What a load of fertilizer!  The "Fraud Prevention" reps refused to give us any information at all.  No explanation; no justification -- just a flat "NO" and they immediately canceled the order. Since then I have received several voice and text messages from VZW Executive Relations but they won't return my calls or e-mails.  What a tremendous waste of everyone's time.  Spare me the flimsy platitudes.  I will never recommend Verizon to anyone I know.

0 Likes

sprmankalel
Leader

You're mad that they tried to protect your account?

How about going to a store and seeing a rep in person and showing them your photo ID. They should be able to get you taken care of.

qdemon

That's not what happened.  Good thing you didn't bother to read any of what I wrote before you jumped to the wrong conclusion.

0 Likes

qdemon

Initially placed the order for pickup at the local VZW store.  Verizon never confirmed and when I called the store, the clerk had no idea what I was talking about.  Verizon had cancelled the order.  Placed a second order for shipment to my home.  When I called to confirm my delivery address I was told to call fraud prevention.

0 Likes

sprmankalel
Leader

Your original post did not outline this information. Nor does it change my asking if you're mad at them for protecting your account or suggesting that you go to a store and present your ID to a rep to purchase your device.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

sprmankalel, we want you to be able to get your device as soon as possible so you can have a peace of mind. Let’s look further into this together. Are you listed on the account or is another person listed as the account owner? If so, the account owner must contact fraud to get the hold lifted so the device can be shipped out. We always want to protect our customers private information.
ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

sprmankalel
Leader

Please address your response to the proper user.

I do not now nor have I ever had these issues with my account.

0 Likes
Highlighted

qdemon

Did not protect my account or send me to the store.  Learn to READ.

0 Likes