does listening to music offline use data?

TERBUC6

I downloaded Spotify. Will listening to my saved "playlist" use data?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: does listening to music offline use data?

yarelim_vzw
VZ Employee Emeritus

I totally understand your concern TERBUC6 . I love streaming music without having to worry about my data usage. With Spotify Premium you are able to save your playlist and hear them offline, with no data usage.

Hope this helps!

yarelim_vzw

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

Most likely, yes.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

kathy65793

What type of phone do you have? Does it have a memory card in it? What I do when I want to listen to music or podcasts is download them over wifi to the card and then I can listen to them at any time without using my data.

When you say you have a saved list are you saying that you already downloaded them to your phone? Each app is different but on the ones I use if I have a save list it has already been downloaded and should not use any data when I play them back

0 Likes
Highlighted

yarelim_vzw
VZ Employee Emeritus

I totally understand your concern TERBUC6 . I love streaming music without having to worry about my data usage. With Spotify Premium you are able to save your playlist and hear them offline, with no data usage.

Hope this helps!

yarelim_vzw

View solution in original post

0 Likes

TERBUC6

I have a very old Droid. LOL. My saved list is "My playlist" on Spotify. I will try and download my list to my phone. Thanks.

kathy65793

I have an old Droid Razar with android version 4.1.2 with 16GB. The phone still works I guess they don't make them like they used to. Do you have the Spotify Premium? I am sure there is a app that will let you download music over wifi to play back later without buying the premium version.

0 Likes

Tidbits
Sr. Leader

TERBUC6 wrote:

I downloaded Spotify. Will listening to my saved "playlist" use data?

Yes there will be some data usage.

Every time you open the app Spotify will download their manifesto(library lists, album art, and such), but you playing downloaded music will not use data other than the DRM check that happens(this is generally 2kb at most, and doesn't happen every time you play a song).

0 Likes