Highlighted

data usage

I switched from cspire to verizon august 24. We bought the 12 gb plan because I run my business from my phone via fb and email and need the high data. We came from unlimited everything to shared data between my husband and myself. Weve barely used our phones since we got them. I took a break from my business so ive hardly used fb, fb messenger, or emails at all. Same with my husband. As of today our data usage is at 10gb already! We've disabled verizon cloud a d stopped background data on everything. Ive had my mobile data off except for once or twice a day to check fb messages and emails. Our data is steadily going up. Even overnight when our phones weren't being used. Any help on what to do? Is picture messaging using up our data? We barely used 6-8 gb combined with phones and Internet before we switched. That was using my phone and fb and email at least 4-6 hours a day! So we thought we would be completely safe with 12 gb but yet two weeks into it a d we are about to go iver! Help please!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: data usage

Community Manager
Community Manager

Having overages on data is definately not fun, dmstrong. Have you run a data utilization to see what is using data on your devices? http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/data-utilization-faqs/ Do you have WiFi at your home? On Facebook have you turned off Videos play automatically? Here is how: Facebook - Settings - Apps Settings - Videos play automatically - switch off or wifi only.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

So how do you put a block on data overage ?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Lynard, I can truly understand your concern. We want you to avoid having any overages on the account as well. You can always set up Family Base: https://my.verizonwireless.com/vzw/nos/safeguards/SafeguardProductDetails.action?productName=familyb... and then you can set up data limits on the account and request for there to be a hard stop once that number reaches the limit. I hope this is helpful information to avoid any kind of overages on your account.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Yes we've checked data utilization everyday. That is why im here. In fact it's not accurate. My husband has NO social media apps whatsoever and his line shows more social media usage than mine! So the data utilization helps us none! Is there another more accurate way to see exactly how data is being used for each line on our account? Id hate to leave Verizon in less than a month because of this data rape going on 😞

I read somewhere about turning cellular data off apps...How do you do this? Also we have no home internet to run wifi. My husband preciously with cspire barely hit 500mb a month. Now hes at 4.8gb since august 24!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Of course we have other ways for you to check your data. If you go on MyVerizon, make sure your signed in as an account owner or account manager, click on My Billing and Usage. Then go down and click on Data then keep scrolling downward, under the data utilization,  you will see the usage times and amounts used for data.

Here is how to turn off cellular data for apps on Apple. http://vz.to/1XxXFdu

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

I dont have apple! I have a galaxy note 5....

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Did you check each phone and see which app(s) are using the data so you can focus your efforts to those apps? 

0 Likes
Highlighted

@weth....yes ive tried that. The data utilization isnt accurate. It shows my husbands phone using 80% of its data on social media....He has NO social media....at all! None...so this doesn't help. Unless theres another way to see EXACTLY whats using all our data then we will never know cause verizon said they cant look and see!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

no, you didn't check what I am asking.  Not the data utilization tool from Verizon.  On the phone, there is a place to actually see which app on the phone is using data.