Highlighted

current single basic phone plan vs old america`s choice 450 plan

Verizon will not let me switch from the old america`s choice 450 plan to the current single basic phone plan.  their site forces me too the unlimited plans only.  the current single basic phone plan looks cheaper and gives 500 megs of data. the america`s choice plan gives no data at all but will charge as you use it.  it can add up huge if you do that.  it looks to me that I would have to cancel my account then open a new account as a new customer in order to get the current single basic phone plan.  the unlimited plans are way more expensive and not for me I don`t use the phone enough to justify it.  I would like to know what people think about this.  thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: current single basic phone plan vs old america`s choice 450 plan

Expert

That seems strange that the site won't let you pick a currently available plan like the single device basic phone plan. Do you just have the one line? Does the site let you pick the tiered New Verizon Plan options like the Small 2 GB plan along with the Unlimited plans? I know that isn't what you are looking for, but it could be a clue to determine why you are not getting your full options. How are you navigating on the site to change your plan?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Verizon Employee

EMJABB, our goal is for you to be on the right plan. I apologize you are experiencing issues changing your plan. I would like to assist you and get additional information to find a solution. I have sent you a Private Message so we can continue working on this together. I look forward to hearing back from you.

GersonG_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thank in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Just to clarify,  the available plans I can choose from are the unlimited plans ( directed there exclusively ) but I can also get to the unlimited text and talk plans that have data caps  know as the S, M and L plans. I can also switch to those plans if I wanted too. but I only have a single line with a basic phone ( no smartphone ) So, I am interested in the single line plan that has unlimited talk and text with 500 megs of data I found under single device plans. the problem is when I try to switch to it I get automatically forced to the S plan with no option at all for the single device unlimited talk and text 500 meg data plan. the S plan is a 2 Gig data plan and more expensive. another problem is that I can only choose this basic single line unlimited talk and text 500 meg data plan  if I select to buy a new basic phone. If it try to bring my existing phone to the plan I am stopped at the point where it will say this device is already active. If I continue by purchasing a new basic phone I again get switch to the S plan because I am an existing customer with an account. but If I was an new customer I think it would let me get on the single line basic plan with unlimited talk and data with 500 megs of data the price is $30 per month But the america`s choice 450 plan I am on has a limit of 450 minutes of talk per month, no text ( 10 cents charge per text message ) ( 25 cents charge to send each picture) and no data  ( would be charged for any data used on a as used basis it would add up huge) so I have data blocked ,  the price of this plan is $39 per month.  So, at this point I think I will check out other carriers 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

What options do you get after you sign into your MyVerizon account online and go to the area where you can manage and/or change your plan? What options do you have there? You wouldn't be purchasing a new device, just changing your plan.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

under manage plan there is only switch to the new verizon plan ( the unlimited plans )

I can get to the single line basic phone unlimited text and talk with 500megs of data under  SHOP then SINGLE DEVICE PLANS.  but will get forced to the S plan when I try to switch to it.  the interesting part is when try to get on this plan as a new customer without signing into my account I have no problem at all.  this I why I am considering canceling my account then opining a new account in order to get on the single line single device unlimited talk and text 500meg data plan.  this is the only way I have found to do it.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

That might be the only way online to get that plan. Have you considered calling customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from your phone and see if they can switch you to the single line plan? The customer service agents generally have access to more plan options than what is available online.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

@EMJABB We definitely want you to receive proper assistance. We have reached out to you via private message we're you able to receive the message?

JoelD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes