collections status

every time I try to do something on the verizon wireless website it won't allow me to because it says my account is in collections status and it is not! I keep looking at my bill and there is no previous balance! I have called 3 x and can't seem to get this resolved !

Labels (1)
Tags (1)

Re: collections status

Customer Support

aprildfnp, this is a very strange thing for you to continually experience, and we want this to end for you. Are you accessing My Verizon from a computer or mobile device? When you called in what were you told?

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes

Was there ever a resolution? I'm having the same issue currently and over an hour on the phone and no one knows what's happening 😕

0 Likes

Customer Support

Hello, The8thChevron. It concerns us to hear you're having problems with My Verizon, and that you're also receiving a message stating you're in collections. It is our priority to ensure your accounts works without problems, and we will make sure to help. We have some questions to better assist. When did this problem begin? When do you receive this message? Does this occur on the My Verizon app or our website?   DavidR_VZW

0 Likes

I'm having this issue currently. I've been late before but always get current. I'm trying to replace a broken device but it keeps saying I'm in collections when I'm not

0 Likes

Customer Support

The bill cannot be late at all in order to order a replacement device. If you are not late, I recommend contacting Customer Care directly, so this canbe reviewed directly. You can reach us by leaving a Private Note here, or online @VZWSupport on Twitter or Facebook. You can also reach us at 1-800-922-0204.

RobertH_VZW

0 Likes

I've been dealing with the same issues for the last 5 months have called every month 3-4 times and nothing is EVER done about it. Still says that I am in collections every time I've tried to live chat or buy anything. My bill is paid up this is ridiculous. I'm really starting to wonder if my credit is going to get hit. If i can't get a real supervisor on the line to take care of this I will be paying my phones off and switching providers.

0 Likes

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes

Customer Support

Oregonian541, I can assure you that your credit will not be hit for this. The only time a credit issue can happen is if the bill is not paid, and goes to a collections department. We call it collections when you are past due, but you do not have to worry. It is troubling to hear that you are always being told you are past due. The only way this happens is if you do not pay by the due date. One thing that can be causing an issue like this, is if you are on the Stay Connected program. This was put in place at the beginning of the Pandemic in order to protect our wonderful customers from losing service due to financial troubles.  The payments were deferred and were put in place to be paid off over a 6 month period.  More information can be found here: https://www.verizon.com/support/stay-connected-faqs/  Are you currently on the Stay Connected program?  What are you being prevented from doing, since the systems say you are past due?  Where do you see on the account you are past due?

SantoC_VZW

0 Likes