cloud photos

lmewing

When transferring photos to the cloud, are you able to delete your photos once they are in the cloud?  So scared to do anything without affirmation.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: cloud photos

ocbp50

lmewing,

I have been using the Verizon Cloud iPhone app to backup contacts and photos to Verizon Cloud.  Important to note, I do not sync; I only backup as prompted by the app.  (If you sync, I am told what you do on your phone is mirrored in your Verizon Cloud storage.)  By simply backing up, all my photos remained in Verizon Cloud (25GB free storage) even after deleting them from my iPhone camera roll in Photos.  Whether on the phone or through cloud.verizonwirteless.com, I would view them.  I had been managing them through the website just mentioned and deleting some pictures from my iPhone after backing up -- every time you login via the app, your photos on your phone since last backup are saved.  I would periodically delete unnecessary photos from my phone once they had been backed up.

It is important to note that here is a trashcan feature via the website only.  This feature does not appear via the iPhone app or the Windows 8 app.  So, from my experience, if you delete photos from your Verizon Cloud account via the Verizon Cloud website, you have them sitting in the trashcan much like your recycle bin on your computer or recently deleted in the Photos app.  You have the option of restoring or permanently deleting photos from the trashcan.  If you delete photos from Verizon Cloud via the Windows 8 app (and probably the Verizon Cloud iPhone app, as again not trashcan), your photos gone.  It appears that the apps are tied directly to cloud storage while the website is one step removed.

Thus, my suggestion is to manage your photos (including, deleting them) through the website so that you have one additional task to perform before they are deleted .... and gone .... from your cloud storage.  I learned this lesson the hard way.  Also, suggest you test the trash can with a photo you do not care about and backup your photos to a secondary storage location (PC hard drive or external storage device) before deleting them from your phone and Verizon Cloud.

ocbp50

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Re: cloud photos

ocbp50

lmewing,

I have been using the Verizon Cloud iPhone app to backup contacts and photos to Verizon Cloud.  Important to note, I do not sync; I only backup as prompted by the app.  (If you sync, I am told what you do on your phone is mirrored in your Verizon Cloud storage.)  By simply backing up, all my photos remained in Verizon Cloud (25GB free storage) even after deleting them from my iPhone camera roll in Photos.  Whether on the phone or through cloud.verizonwirteless.com, I would view them.  I had been managing them through the website just mentioned and deleting some pictures from my iPhone after backing up -- every time you login via the app, your photos on your phone since last backup are saved.  I would periodically delete unnecessary photos from my phone once they had been backed up.

It is important to note that here is a trashcan feature via the website only.  This feature does not appear via the iPhone app or the Windows 8 app.  So, from my experience, if you delete photos from your Verizon Cloud account via the Verizon Cloud website, you have them sitting in the trashcan much like your recycle bin on your computer or recently deleted in the Photos app.  You have the option of restoring or permanently deleting photos from the trashcan.  If you delete photos from Verizon Cloud via the Windows 8 app (and probably the Verizon Cloud iPhone app, as again not trashcan), your photos gone.  It appears that the apps are tied directly to cloud storage while the website is one step removed.

Thus, my suggestion is to manage your photos (including, deleting them) through the website so that you have one additional task to perform before they are deleted .... and gone .... from your cloud storage.  I learned this lesson the hard way.  Also, suggest you test the trash can with a photo you do not care about and backup your photos to a secondary storage location (PC hard drive or external storage device) before deleting them from your phone and Verizon Cloud.

ocbp50

View solution in original post