change number and device

shaggy179

I am wanting to keep my phone number when i leave Verizon and can't keep my number.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: change number and device

Ann154
Expert

Why can't you port your number to the new carrier? There is a lot missing in your story.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

shaggy179

I am not sure why. reading between the lines, didn't help answer this question.

Here's what I was told by a different carrier

Unfortunately,   763-xxx-xxxx is not a number we will be able to transfer to our services. The reason for this is due to where the number originates, not who the current carrier is. In some rare cases, we aren't able to transfer numbers due to their geographic location. We do not have a rate center where this number and others like it originated so we will not receive permission to carry or provide service for these numbers. Not having a rate center does not mean we don't have cell phone coverage in your area code. It simply means that we don't have access or availability to your area and exchange codes (the first six numbers in a telephone number).

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

Which carrier are you looking to port the number to? Did you port the number from somewhere else when you brought it to Verizon originally or did you get it originally from Verizon?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

We know how important it can be to keep a number you've gotten used to. May we ask if your account is prepaid or postpaid? KleoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes