can't delete old text messages off pc

I have tried numerous times to delete text messages off my PC both individually and using the select all" feature.  It asks if I'm sure if I want to delete the msgs and I confirm.  They disappear and are back within a minute...help!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes

Re: can't delete old text messages off pc

hmm maybe they are coming back from the vcloud. do you use vmessages+?

0 Likes

Hi and thanks for your reply!  I am not technical so bear w/me!  Is vmessages+ Verizon Cloud?  If so, yes, I've used that.  If not, never have used that.  It's deleted them previously so unsure why this batch keeps returning.  Any other thoughts are appreciated Smiley Happy

0 Likes

Customer Support

Look no further, help is here. Lets solve this mystery. Where are you seeing these messages? What app or feature are you using to see these in? What kind of phone are you using?
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Hi Bryan,

I'm actually using my PC and the online message feature.  I'll delete all the messages - either individually or as a group and take my hand off the mouse and literally they reappear ion seconds before my eyes.  I have a Samsung S5 but don't utilize/can't on the phone. Help!

0 Likes

Just to chime in with BarbiCT, I'm having the same problem. When signed into Verizon Wireless and using the text messaging feature, I've tried multiple times to delete messages just to have them re-appear before I've even logged off. I select all the messages I want to delete, click the delete button at the bottom of the screen, then a box pops up and asks me if I want to delete them, I click yes and they go away.....then they come back. Doesn't happen all the time but more times than not. I've deleted ALL the messages off my phone first, but thatl doesn't help.

I have a basic phone so it's much easier (or at least it SHOULD be) to manage my texts online.

0 Likes

Dan, thank you for confirming I'm not crazy! It's still happening and no

one at VZW can help, nor has responded?

0 Likes

Customer Support

Let’s keep this working towards a solution for this issue, BarbiCT! Have you downloaded the application or are you using the messaging feature on the web-site? Just to confirm, are you using Verizon Messages + specifically? Do you have Integrated Messaging associated with your line of service?

ChrisM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

I'm using the messaging feature through the Verizon website just like the

other customer mentioned. your tech support person tried helping and he

also had the same issue: it deletes and then immediately reappears. I am

not a technical person & have no special features - simply using the

website and have not downloaded any special anything, Chris... just your

Verizon website. I am more than willing to take a snapshot and forward it

to you in a private message.

On Dec 3, 2015 11:40 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes