Highlighted

can I split the payment within the group

jay109

Hi, I have 4 lines, In that 1 like is being used by my son who lives in another state. He still wants to stay with Verizon, but would like to pay his portion of the bill by himself. Can we split his portion of the bill for him to pay and still keep him within our group ?, if yes how can we do it ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: can I split the payment within the group

glitchedpixel

Just have him pay whatever his portion is through the My Verizon app.

There is a split the bill option that shows break downs. Whenever I pay my portion, I just pay that amount through the app.

Ann154
Expert

Just make sure the other person is paying their portion on time. The account owner is still responsible for entire bill amount.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Community Manager
Community Manager

jay109

Thank you for reaching out to us. We will gladly assist you so that you can manage that account to best fit your needs. Ann154 and glitchedpixel have provided some helpful steps as those are options available. You can also create a sub-account for that line (you would need to reach out to customer service for that http://vz.to/2mpJhp0). However, the best and most cost effective would be the recommendation by glitchedpixel. When you view your bill, there is a section that breaks down the charges by line also by keeping him in the group and not creating a sub-account will keep your cost down as it may be more for that same line to be on a sub-account versus staying where it is now. Now if he is not an authorized manager, you will need to make him one, see here http://vz.to/2lxytoo. If not, his online access to what he will be able to do and see will be limited.

Edward_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

MelodyAtHome

I have the same question but I wanted to know what the costs are of having a sub-account. Also, if we do not want to create sub-accounts(we have 2 kids who want to pay their own bill)...can we set up the billing so their credit cards are charged automatically for their own lines? Thank you.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

MelodyAtHome, we want to ensure you know available options when it comes to splitting up the bill. I welcome the opportunity to address your inquiry. The cost of the sub-account would depend on the plan that the user is on. If you're currently sharing a plan, it's always more cost effective with multiple lines than when a user is on a plan on their own as you save more money with the more lines that you have. AutoPay cannot be split among two different payment methods. Users can schedule a payment in order to pay their portion of the bill so long as they've registered their line as an Account Member number or by dialing #PMT from their VZW device. Here's more details on how Account Owners, Managers or Members can pay the bill:  https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/pay-bill-faqs/#item3. Question 7 shows how a user can schedu...

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes