bait and switch!

jfulton99

I had the old "More of Everything" plan which included a $25 per device credit; 3 lines, so $75 per month. Several months ago, we looked into switching to The Verizon Plan XL, but I was told that we'd lose that device credit so we stayed with the old plan.

I went to the store yesterday to inquire about the new Unlimited plan. I asked the rep if I would keep the credit and he quickly said, "I think so." Surprised, I said that I have asked about this before and was told I would lose it... could he confirm. He went to the back of the store, came out and told me that I would indeed keep the credit.

When reviewing the changes to my bill, I saw that the credit was not included. I called Customer Support and was told that I had been given "misinformation" and that Verizon would not honor the statements made by the sales representative. They said that the Area Manager would fix it with the store; meaning he would tell the store not to make these statements moving forward. But, nothing would be done to honor what I was quoted. The last agent that I spoke with said they would give me a one-time $75 credit, but I would not receive the credit after that. This is $900 per year.

I have contacted Support multiple times and visited the store again. The best they could do was to switch me back to my old plan. This is not an acceptable solution. I want Verizon to honor the statements made by their sales staff.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: bait and switch!

pherson
Leader

The fact they can switch you back to your old plan is more than acceptable. If you don't like it keep the new plan or switch to a competitor. It is what it is. They do not honor what is "said" or "written" by other reps. No company does.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

The credit of $25 was for being out of contract.  It reduces the line fee from $40 to $15.  The new Verizon plan has no discount because the line fee is a flat $20  for all users, UNLESS anline is in a contact still, then it continues at the $40 fee until the contract expires.

(FYI it is not $75 per month difference, it is only $15)

Do the math.

$110 for the plan , less $10 for auto pay.

$20 for each out of contract line.

Add your current taxes, installments if you have any, insurance if you have any... that should get you to a price in the ballpark.

I you are paying $115 or more for your current data plan, this plan is a break even or cheaper. 

Note, only military discount, no employee discounts

0 Likes

jfulton99

mama23dogs I realized that so I asked for a $5/per line discount. That would provide the same line discount that I was promised by the sales representative in store prior to switching plans.

Verizon said they would not give any discounts each month, or honor anything that rep said.

pherson
Leader

The fact they can switch you back to your old plan is more than acceptable. If you don't like it keep the new plan or switch to a competitor. It is what it is. They do not honor what is "said" or "written" by other reps. No company does.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

jfulton99

It's a Verizon store, not a third party. Every good company honors what their reps quote. That's why they're called "representatives" ... they represent the company.

0 Likes

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

This is why the prices are published.  Those prices are what is honored.  Period. 

Verizon is pretty much king of the world with thi offer.  They have adopted a take or leave it attitude, and are right to do so. 

Since you are getting more data, possibly for less money, your choice.

0 Likes

jfulton99

Wow. It sounds like they're paying you.

0 Likes

pherson
Leader

We are customers as you are. Most customers read what they are getting and some don't. It seems you fall in the latter, and choose to blame others for being paid. So again it's basically take it or leave it....your call.

Best wishes

0 Likes

jfulton99

Companies honor what their sales representatives promise.

0 Likes

pherson
Leader

Not every company. The old saying the customer is always right doesn't factor in here and a lot of other companies.

0 Likes