asurion insurance cracked screen

lafite55

I just got off the phone with Asurion regarding a cracked screen in my new pixel.   screen replacement was not an option.  they wanted to bill me the $149 deductible and send me a refurbished phone.   I live in CT just north of New Haven and south of Hartford.  They have no "Asurion Certified Repair Providers" in my area.

When I bought the phone,  I was told that they would come to my home to replace a cracked screen.   I would be willing to drive to a repair center in order to keep my phone.

What a joke!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes

Re: asurion insurance cracked screen

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us. We want to look into this for you. Have you contacted Asurion regarding this?

TabithaJ_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes

lafite55

I did contact them.  that was my only option.  I would rather keep my phone with the crack.  I don't want a refurbished phone.   The insurance program (in this case) is very misleading.

0 Likes

RAGEMA94

The insurance replacements that they give out are tested to make sure that they work properly...and are super tested....I would take that over the screen repair the screen repair would probably cost like $70 at least anyhow...so I would rather just pay the $150 and have a "new" phone, which probably works better than yours.

0 Likes

lafite55

It's not like I live in Wyoming,  I live within 75 miles of 17 million people in the northeast.  the Asurion program offered free home replacement of a cracked screen.  How could there not be one "service center" in my area?   my phone is only 2 months old.  It works PERFECTLY.  Since I will be paying for the phone for the next 2 years,  I want to keep THIS phone, not a "fully tested" refurbished phone that may or may not work better than mine.

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

Maybe you could contact Google directly to see what your options are to have it repaired by the manufacturer.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Highlighted

SHATAY1

I agree.  I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and every time I get a new phone I ALWAYS miss something in transfer.  I don't want to pay for a new phone and have to pay it out over months OR buy all new chargers. My phone works fine and I don't NEED a new one.  I just need a new screen.  It's $70.00 versus $600.00.  I will take that any day.  It's misleading to the consumer. I want my insurance money back.

0 Likes

BigE41

Stop whining. This is what happens when you drop your phone. You’re embarrassing yourself and acting like a child. Don’t drop your phone and pay the consequences if you do. Better yet, get a case.

0 Likes