Highlighted

Will the new unlimited data prioritization affect grandfathered accounts?

I have my grandfathered unlimited data plan and pay a pretty penny to keep it. However my plan was not "throttled" which is why I kept it. I'm not one to go too crazy on data but still used a quite a bit since I'm always on the go and need the speed of LTE at all times. So will this new plan with unlimited data affect my current plan with my average use of 50-60GBs (over half of that is from my hotspot) a month?

Also I see 10GB LTE speed is included with the new plan. I pay $30 extra for my hotspot with unlimited data without it being throttled. How will this affect my hotspot? Will is be throttled at 10GB even though I'm paying $30 extra?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Will the new unlimited data prioritization affect grandfathered accounts?

Sr. Leader

I think you're  speculating on something that shouldn't be.  But Im sure Verizon hopes people will chose this new plan over the old.

Im just hope John Legere is apoplectic.  

0 Likes

Sr. Leader

Unknown at this time.

If I had to predict:

If your legacy unlimited plan is off contract you will be transitioned to the new Unlimited Plan. Verizon will continue to move people off the legacy unlimited plan.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

I don't think Verizon will force people to change plans.

I do think every encouragement will be offered to get people off old plans

AND

anyone who can do math, and isn't using 100 gigs or in manhattan will switch [Removed]

OR

the feature to reprioritize data after 22 gigs may be added To the legacy plans.   This was the one change ATT made when it added its new unlimited plan (and then jacked the price $5 + $5)

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Highlighted

I am also the 1% grandfather in Unlimited data now and pay $30 for hotspot . I use 40-60Gb a month mostly using hotspot at work at night watch games on my IPad Pro from my Slingbox that hook on my tv at home.

I get 20%  corporate discount now and unlimited hotspot data now. Look like  both ways about $80 ( $50 unlimited data & $30 hotspot) or new plan $80 but limited to 10gb hotspot and can also throttle your data after 22gb . So I guess I will not be switching to new plan .

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

JeffUSPS wrote:

I am also the 1% grandfather in Unlimited data now and pay $30 for hotspot . I use 40-60Gb a month mostly using hotspot at work at night watch games on my IPad Pro from my Slingbox that hook on my tv at home.

I get 20% corporate discount now and unlimited hotspot data now. Look like both ways about $80 ( $50 unlimited data & $30 hotspot) or new plan $80 but limited to 10gb hotspot and can also throttle your data after 22gb . So I guess I will not be switching to new plan .

Ummm.   What else are you paying for talks and text ??   The new plan is $80 plus taxes and any phone payment.  Your old plan is 50 plus 30 only for the data plan. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Read the fine print, seriously. If there are new limits imposed, such as a 10gb maximum for tethering or similar, then stick with your unlimited $29.99 data plan plus the older nationwide talk and text plan tier that you are presently on. But again, read the fine print on the "T's and C's" of the newest unlimited plan.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Download foxfi app pay the 7 to 10$... it creates a hotspot without having to pay Verizon the monthly fee. One time fee. Unlimited use.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Can't utilize FoxFi anymore if you have the new Android OS: Nougat.

I use to utilize FoxFi with a passion but since updated phone and no longer capable.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

You shouldn't been using FoxFi to get around the rules anyway.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes