Will my iPhone 5 work in Europe?

havin_aball

Currently have iphone 4, which I have been told will not work in Europe.  Is this true?

We are eligible to upgrade on 3/30/14.  Traveling to Austria and Germany on 4/12/14.

Will an iPhone 5 work in Europe?  Do I need a sim card?  Does the phone need to be unlocked?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Europe...Upgrade

ttipgem

1. Yes. The Verizon iPhone 4 will not work in Europe.

2. Yes. The Verizon iPhone 5 will work in Europe.

3. Yes. You will need a SIM card. If you purchase the phone from Verizon, you will get one with the phone.

4. No. The phone does not need to be unlocked. It comes unlocked.

And for the question you did not ask, you will need to add International Service for your phone in order to use it in Europe. Or else you will need to get a local SIM for the countries to which you are traveling.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

ttipgem

1. Yes. The Verizon iPhone 4 will not work in Europe.

2. Yes. The Verizon iPhone 5 will work in Europe.

3. Yes. You will need a SIM card. If you purchase the phone from Verizon, you will get one with the phone.

4. No. The phone does not need to be unlocked. It comes unlocked.

And for the question you did not ask, you will need to add International Service for your phone in order to use it in Europe. Or else you will need to get a local SIM for the countries to which you are traveling.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

havin_aball

Thank you for the info.

Would renting a Global phone be cheaper than buying a Germany-Austria SIM card?

Would a Global phone include data?

We will require some sort of GPS when driving.....

0 Likes
Highlighted

Ann154
Expert

The local SIM card and plan associated with it it usually less expensive than renting a global ready phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes