Highlighted

Will my access fee lower after completing Device Payment?

frankgen99

Once I have finished 'buying' a phone, the price of the Access Fee on The Verizon Plan (as of June 2017) drops from $40 to $20? Does that mean I can bring my own phone to this contract and it will not bounce back up to $40? And if that's the case it sure seems like you're buying the phone over 2 years and paying $20 per month for that ability!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: The Verizon Plan (as of June 2017)

Ann154
Expert

The line access fee is only $40 per month if you are under contract. As of January 2017, you can no longer purchase a new phone from Verizon Wireless at the two year contract price option. Your options are full retail price in one lump sum or the device installment agreement which spreads the full retail price out over 24 months. With those options, the BYOD program or keeping your existing device, the line access fee is $20 per month.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

The line access fee is only $40 per month if you are under contract. As of January 2017, you can no longer purchase a new phone from Verizon Wireless at the two year contract price option. Your options are full retail price in one lump sum or the device installment agreement which spreads the full retail price out over 24 months. With those options, the BYOD program or keeping your existing device, the line access fee is $20 per month.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

frankgen99

I must be confused - no contract is $20 less per month? What are the benefits of a contract?

Frank

[Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Getting a new phone is exciting and we definitely want you to have the best valued promotion, frankgen99. You do have the option of bringing your own device. The line access would be $20.00. The other option to get a new phone is through the device payment program. This also bills your line at $20.00 monthly. You would only see a $40.00 line access if you were in a two year contract. We no longer offer two year contracts for new devices. You can learn more about the device payment here, http://spr.ly/65878oERN.

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

The contract pricing allowed the customers to pay less upfront costs for the phone itself. It didn't necessarily cost less over the two year cost of ownership versus the full retail price or DPP agreement.

0 Likes