Highlighted

Will changing my data plan in the middle of the current cycle cause me to have to pay twice?

BRAVO903

Currently looking into the Unlimited plan. Wondering if I make my effective start date this cycle, will it cause me to have to pay double? It does say my bill will be updated to reflect the new plans estimated price but an in-store representative said starting this month would make me pay double. Help would be nice. Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Will changing my data plan in the middle of the current cycle cause me to have to pay twice?

Weth
Sr. Leader

Make the effective start date for the beginning of this cycle (choose this cycle) and it will backdate to the 1st day of the billing cycle. You will get credit for your current plan that you already paid for this month, and then get charged for the current month with the new plan, and then the month ahead. The next bill will be the price of the new plan plus the difference between the new and old plan.

You don't pay double, but the next bill will be slightly higher because of the difference in cost between the 2 plans for 1 month. IT ends up being the same as if you started the plan on the 1st day of your current cycle. Just more math involved but it all maps out.

View solution in original post

Re: Will changing my data plan in the middle of the current cycle cause me to have to pay twice?

Weth
Sr. Leader

Make the effective start date for the beginning of this cycle (choose this cycle) and it will backdate to the 1st day of the billing cycle. You will get credit for your current plan that you already paid for this month, and then get charged for the current month with the new plan, and then the month ahead. The next bill will be the price of the new plan plus the difference between the new and old plan.

You don't pay double, but the next bill will be slightly higher because of the difference in cost between the 2 plans for 1 month. IT ends up being the same as if you started the plan on the 1st day of your current cycle. Just more math involved but it all maps out.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

rclakeman

No, if you check the box for it to apply to the current month it will bill you the new plan amount but credit the old plan amount.

0 Likes