Highlighted

Will Verizon help with fraud charges on my account?

Someone recently opened up three phone lines and bought three phones using my name, will Verizon help me take care of this? Or are they like other companies and I'm [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] ? What kind of steps need to be taken to make sure that I am not responsible for this bill? I'm extremely frustrated and wanted to see if anyone else has had anything similar to this happen and how well did Verizon take care of it? Did they make you jump through tons of hoops to get this taken care of, and how long did it take to get it corrected?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Fraud Question

Community Manager
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager
Highlighted

Jeanneisfedup

I had the same issue, and there us a reporter out of Denver who did a story on this on 2/5.  Verizon is claiming we gave out our credentials in a phishing scam.  However that is untrue. I believe they were hacked from the backend or inside, but like home depot, don't want to admit it.  My daughter had upgraded her phone from a Denver office  of Verizon and just shortly after that, the hack occured.  I have spoken to Vzw on 4 separate occasions where they said the charges would be removed from my bill, but it was delivered today with all the fraudulent charges still in place.  I am very frustrated and am starting to work with the news organizations to get further traction on this.

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Jeanneisfedup,

Certainly we don't want you to go at this alone. You stated that you have spoken with us previously, was it with out Fraud team? If not, I recommend that you reach out to our Fraud team as well. Please visit www.vzw.com/fraud We take the issue of fraud seriously and want to be sure that this is resolved for you.

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Highlighted

deboragillis

This online reporting fraud website does not work

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Oh no! We want to ensure your easily able to access our website, Deboragillis. What happens when you attempt to use the site? Any errors?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Highlighted

deboragillis

It doesn't recognize that I have filled in information and finally when I have uploaded all my identification message it bumps me out and does not save anything.  3 times.  Doesn't work

0 Likes
Highlighted

deboragillis

The exact thing happened to me on February 15, 2015.  I was in my Verizon wireless on line account when someone hacked in and added three Verizon  lines and financed a new phone.  One the very same day someone opened an At&T account with 4 lines and I don't know how many phones to the tune of $3000.

Verizon turned off the 3 new phone lines and ONLY charged me for the two days they were active.  The financed phone has to go through the fraud procedures because of the financing piece of the transaction.  Funny thing is that I can't get the fraud report to accept my report.  I have filed a police report with the Colorado Springs Police department because these fraudulent charges all were perpetuated at the Best Buy Store in Colorado Springs.  I have since added the AT&T transactions.

BTW AT&T could not help me because I did not know the security code used to set up the account. HAHA.

Looks to be an store inside job where they watch for you to be online and someone takes the opportunity to go Christmas shopping in your name.

So in answer to your question, it will be a long frustrating ride with no end in site to recover your identity.  Nobody really cares, they know you will pay the bills to protect your credit history.

0 Likes
Highlighted

deboragillis

I was in my Verizon wireless on line account when someone hacked in and added three Verizon  lines and financed a new phone.  One the very same day someone opened an At&T account with 4 lines and I don't know how many phones to the tune of $3000. Verizon turned off the 3 new phone lines and ONLY charged me for the two days they were active.  The financed phone has to go through the fraud procedures because of the financing piece of the transaction.  Funny thing is that I can't get the fraud report to accept my report.  I have filed a police report with the Colorado Springs Police department because these fraudulent charges all were perpetuated at the Best Buy Store in Colorado Springs.  I have since added the AT&T transactions.BTW AT&T could not help me because I did not know the security code used to set up the account. HAHA.Looks to be an store inside job where they watch for you to be online and someone takes the opportunity to go Christmas shopping in your name. So in answer to your question, it will be a long frustrating ride with no end in site to recover your identity.  Nobody really cares, they know you will pay the bills to protect your credit history.Deb

0 Likes
Highlighted

fishnut41

Don't feel too bad the same thing happened to me.  The culprits took out 2 devices at a Verizon Wireless store and 2 at a Best Buy but Verizon won't tell me where (so I can't file a local police report and alert the store).  They suspected fraud which was pretty obvious when a guy from 2 states away shows up and asks for 2 devices worth $1600 at two locations and pays for the incidental charges with cash (gee, that's normal).  Maybe you should have called the account holders phone while this [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] was standing there?  How about setting up an alert when 4 devices are taken out within 2 hours of each other?  Now I get stuck proving my innocence.  Fortunately due to my job and law enforcement buddies, we should get this guy for ID fraud.  I hope he sells these phones before he gets caught and enjoys a night out.

Verizon's customer service is a joke!

0 Likes