Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Will I still have Backup Assistant if I don't subscribe to the cloud?

I have an S7 edge. Will I still have Backup Assistant if I don't subscribe to the cloud?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Will I still have Backup Assistant if I don't subscribe to the cloud?

Customer Support

cecilbollinger

I know that it's vital to keep your information backed up. Backup Assistant and Verizon Cloud are the same. Since Backup Assistant has been retired on our newer phone models, it will not be available under the same name on the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. However, anything you've saved to Backup Assistant will be available on the Verizon Cloud app on the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Expert

I don't think so. I don't subscribe to the Verizon Cloud and I don't have and don't want to use Cloud or Backup Assistant. I prefer to use the Google account for syncing my contacts.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

Customer Support

cecilbollinger

I know that it's vital to keep your information backed up. Backup Assistant and Verizon Cloud are the same. Since Backup Assistant has been retired on our newer phone models, it will not be available under the same name on the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. However, anything you've saved to Backup Assistant will be available on the Verizon Cloud app on the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes