Highlighted

Re: Will I still be eligible for my upgrade discount after the August 13th plan changes?

oneilb83

Since I'm a current existing customer and my upgrade is 2/28/16, I can still keep my current plan and upgrade to a new phone at discounted price, am I right?

0 Likes

Re: Will I still be eligible for my upgrade discount after the August 13th plan changes?

Weth
Sr. Leader

With the policies right now, yes.  They could change.

Snn5
Sr. Leader

Yes, Verizon communicated new plans vs current customers very poorly.  As it stands, old customers can still 2 year upgrade, though ill advised.  new customer swill be offered DPP options first, and 2 year contracts as a last resort.

0 Likes

Wildfire9

Verizon communicated the change in policy and what it entailed very poorly and with only a week's notice.  Had they communicated well, I would not have had to ask this question on a forum.  I spoke with 6 different verizon representatives three of which didn't know the answer and the other three all gave me different, and conflicting, answers.

What worries me is a change in the amount of discount on a phone purchase would not be seen as a "change in contract" and Verizon would not be legally bound to notify customers.  This would only be a change in pricing.  I would hate to have patiently waited for months, using a phone that hardly works anymore, saving a discount that I have both in my mind paid for and earned, only to have the discount be decreased to the point of negligibility and not be able to afford the phone that I had worked so hard and waited so patiently for.

If you gather the tone of the user comments on this and other threads you'll see that a long history of Verizon policy and customer 'service' has made customers distrustful of the company.  That's why on sites like ConsumerAffairs Verizon has a one star satisfaction rating. Even though Verizon is ranked highest among cell phone service providers, just because the company is better than the competition doesn't mean it has good customer service.  I applaud your efforts to do otherwise @LasinaH_VZW but too often people in your position have said the right thing only to be later contradicted by the policy-changers.

And yes I am registered online, I do get notifications, and I have been a Verizon cell phone customer since 1998.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Your loyalty is much appreciated Wildfire. The last thing we want to do is lose you as a customer based on policy changes. I can guarantee no changes would be made without your authorization. You would still be eligible to upgrade using your preferred method when you are ready. What is wrong with your phone? Is there anything we can do to help now?
JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes