Re: Will I still be eligible for my upgrade discount after the August 13th plan changes?

Snn5
Sr. Leader

Yes, I understand how this works.

0 Likes

Re: Will I still be eligible for my upgrade discount after the August 13th plan changes?

Weth
Sr. Leader

cowboy65 wrote:

The 2 year contract still there but the phone will cost between 100-200 dallors with a 2 year contract if no contract than you pay full price

BUT you will pay more per month for the phone access fee. In the end, you pay full price for the phone, one way or the other. You need to calculate each case, but very often the full price route ends up being cheaper over the 2 years.

Highlighted

oneilb83

@Wildfire9 The newest iPhones thats coming out in September is the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus not iPhone 7 Plus

0 Likes

oneilb83

Since I'm a current existing customer and my upgrade is 2/28/16, I can still keep my current plan and upgrade to a new phone at discounted price, am I right?

Weth
Sr. Leader

Becky ONeil wrote:

@Wildfire9 The newest iPhones thats coming out in September is the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus not iPhone 7 Plus

Probably We won't know until September 9th for sure. I do think it is a very safe bet is it the 6s and 6s Plus though.

0 Likes

Wildfire9

Actually I did the math and when I purchase the phone at Sam's Club with their discount, I save over $100 with the 2 year plan vs buying it outright.

0 Likes

Snn5
Sr. Leader

Discount membership clubs work for some people, for others there is less exclusivity.

0 Likes

Wildfire9

Thank you for this.  It is very helpful.

Will customers be notified well in advance of any policy changes that will affect upgrade prices?  I'd hate to wait for the iPhone 7/6s (whatever they choose to call it-I don't care) and find out that I lost my upgrade discount.

0 Likes

Snn5
Sr. Leader

Current contract customers can still upgrade at the end of their contract.  Verizon notifies customers well in advance of any changes to a contract, at which point if their terms change from the original agreement and you oppose due to negative connotations, Verizon releases the contract.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Wildfire9, we don't want you to lose a thing. No changes will be made to your account without your knowledge. You will be notificed by letter and online at My Verizon should any thing change. Did you register your account online at My Verizon yet? Click the link to register: http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/myverizonlp/

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes