Highlighted

Will I have to switch Data Plans if I upgrade?

My current monthly data allowance is double what it would normally be. (Based upon a special offer from last year.)

When I upgrade my phones next month, will I be able to keep this deal or will I be forced to go back and receive half of my current data allowance?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Will I have to switch Data Plans if I upgrade?

Sr. Leader

If you go out of contract you can keep it, but if you upgrade on contract or upgrade the phone on Device Payment Plan, you change plans and lose the current deal.

0 Likes
Highlighted

So, what does that mean? Buy my phone directly from Apple and I won't have to change it? The contract will be satisifed by the end of September, so I guess that means I just wait until October if I want to purchase phones directly from Verizon?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

jbrine36 wrote:

So, what does that mean? Buy my phone directly from Apple and I won't have to change it? The contract will be satisifed by the end of September, so I guess that means I just wait until October if I want to purchase phones directly from Verizon?

It means exactly what Snn5 said. If you go out of contract, i.e. pay full retail from ANY source(Verizon, Apple, Amazon, Best Buy, etc...) you can keep your current allowance. If you enter into a payment plan and/or service contract, you may lose your current allowance.