Highlighted

Will I Be Charged A Late Fee For Not Paying My Bills On Time?

What is the late fee? I always pay my bill 2-3 days after the due date because I don't get paid until then, and have never had a late fee, I've been a customer since about 2003 and the other day I received an email for the First time ever, stating that my due date is coming up and to remember to pay to avoid a late fee. Something new Verizon is doing to? I better not see any extra added to my bill

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Late fee?

Community Manager
Community Manager

KOOL_AID_RULES,

I certainly understand your concern over any additional charges. I don't like paying extra either. There is a potential late fee of $5.00 if the bill is paid after the due date. This isn't new and is something that has been around for years. If you are only a couple of days late that often isn't charged which is likely why you haven't seen it in the past but there is never a guarantee of that. If the current due date doesn't work we could change your bill cycle which would also change the due date. Is that something you'd be interested in?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I think there might be a grace period, but you have always run the risk of a late fee if you pay your bill after the due date. You really can't get mad for being charged a late fee if you did, in fact, pay your bill late, regardless of how long you've been a customer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

If the current billing due date doesn't work for your budget, you can call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from your phone and request to change when the bill is due every month.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

KOOL_AID_RULES,

I certainly understand your concern over any additional charges. I don't like paying extra either. There is a potential late fee of $5.00 if the bill is paid after the due date. This isn't new and is something that has been around for years. If you are only a couple of days late that often isn't charged which is likely why you haven't seen it in the past but there is never a guarantee of that. If the current due date doesn't work we could change your bill cycle which would also change the due date. Is that something you'd be interested in?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Please explain the late payment policy on the bill. It says late payments happen 30 dlays after non-payment.

Sr. Leader

I would be curious where it says that. When you receive a bill, there is a bill "Due Date". Anything after that and Verizon would be able to charge you a late fee. From the customer agreement:

"About my payments

If you're a Postpay customer and we don't get your payment on time, we will charge you a late fee of up to 1.5 percent per month (18 percent per year) on the unpaid balance, or a flat $5 per month, whichever is greater, if allowed by law in the state of your billing address. (If you choose another company to bill you for our Service [such as another Verizon company], late fees are set by that company or by its tariffs and may be higher than our late fees.) Late fees are part of the rates and charges you agree to pay us. If you fail to pay on time and Verizon Wireless refers your account(s) to a third party for collection, a collection fee will be assessed and will be due at the time of the referral to the third party. The fee will be calculated at the maximum percentage permitted by applicable law, not to exceed 18 percent. We may require a deposit at the time of activation or afterward, or an increased deposit. We'll pay simple interest on any deposit at the rate the law requires. We may apply deposits or payments in any order to any amounts you owe us on any account. If your final credit balance is less than $1, we will refund it only if you ask. If your service is suspended or terminated, you may have to pay a fee to have service reactivated."

Highlighted

Read the bill at the bottom is a late policy stating late payments assessed after 30 days

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

BRYMAP57 wrote:

Read the bill at the bottom is a late policy stating late payments assessed after 30 days

My bill has no such statement on any of its 18 pages.

Possibly because it is enrolled in autopay which is scheduled to be paid before the due date.

Highlighted

Re: Will I Be Charged A Late Fee For Not Paying My Bills On Time?

I have a similar problem.  I'm on a fixed income. Verizon has known this for the last ten years. I have asked from the very first day to have my bill due on the first of every month. I've consistently gotten the excuse "we don't do that but you have ten days before a late fee will be charged". They lied. I pay exactly six days later because my bill is due on the 24th. Yet every month I am charged a late fee. I feel like they are just using the we don't do that as an excuse to charge me extra every month. So far they have made $600 extra off of me. Money I can't afford to lose. I feel like everyone on a fixed income should sue them for purposely making sure that they have no choice but to terrible up the late fee. Like they don't have enough extra fees as it is that are not supposed to be part of the customers expense. Those fees they charge are part of THEIR operating expenses which means it's not the customers but their job to pay them. The cost of the service should be no more than what they are asking for a product or service. My bill for services I get for a family of four should be about 330, but with supposed taxes and fees is about 560. And on top of that they charge me a late fee when by their own admission I have to be later than 10 days to charge that fee. Your ripping me off and I'm kind of tired of bending over and taking it. How hard is it to change the date that an account is due? Every other business has been able to change the date.

0 Likes