Highlighted

Why won't Verizon let a 15 year customer switch to the more everything plan? They would rather see me leave and go to sprint because my contract isn't up until later this year? If I'm signing another 2 year agreement why would they not want to keep me as

Why won't Verizon let a 15  year customer switch to the more everything plan? They would rather see me leave and go to sprint because my contract isn't up until later this year? If I'm signing another 2 year agreement why would they not want to keep me as a customer? I have 5 smart phones and it will make about a $100 difference per month so if Verizon doesn't care about long time customers I WILL be switching to sprint. Can customer service answer this please?

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Why won't Verizon let a 15 year customer switch to the more everything plan? They would rather see me leave and go to sprint because my contract isn't up until later this year? If I'm signing another 2 year agreement why would they not want to keep m

You can change the plan any time you want. You are probably referring to the Edge pricing option though for phones which does require you be out of contract to do, unless you like the Droid Maxx.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Why won't Verizon let a 15  year customer switch to the more everything plan? They would rather see me leave and go to sprint because my contract isn't up until later this year? If I'm signing another 2 year agreement why would they not want to keep m

Sr. Leader

You can switch plans at any time.  However, if you attempt to purchase a subsidized phone on-line at the same time you attempt to make a plan change, the system often won't process both changes at the same time.  How have you attempted to change plans?  What errors/messages are you receiving that you can't switch?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Why won't Verizon let a 15 year customer switch to the more everything plan? They would rather see me leave and go to sprint because my contract isn't up until later this year? If I'm signing another 2 year agreement why would they not want to keep m

Yes it's the Edge pricing plan I'm referring to. I will get the same price at sprint, verizon is offering other customers to switch but willing to let their own customers go to other carriers. Just doesn't make sense.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Why won't Verizon let a 15  year customer switch to the more everything plan? They would rather see me leave and go to sprint because my contract isn't up until later this year? If I'm signing another 2 year agreement why would they not want to keep m

Edge is not a plan at all. Edge is a finance program for phone. So you want to upgrade your phones early would be the correct terminology.

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Doesn't make sense for what?

IF you are under contract, you must fulfill your contract prior to receiving any purchasing incentives on a new phone. That has always been the way and is ALSO the way at other carriers. Verizon is no different.

IF you are under contract, you received a sizable discount on the price of your current phone. If you purchase a new phone on Edge you will receive ANOTHER sizable discount over the term of your purchasing agreement. You must fulfill your previous agreement you made when getting your previous discount before you can enter into yet another agreement to get a NEW discount. It doesn't make sense you think you can simply disregard agreements you have previously made.

Occasionally, Verizon will offer Early Edge to customers still under contract, but you would have to return the last phone you purchased on contract and that phone must be in good working order without any physical damage. Additionally, the phone selection for that type of purchase may be limited to a device you do not want.