Highlighted

Why won't Verizon fix their mistake? Customer for 15 years, now leaving

Jeffronik

I was recently looking for a new phone, though I didn't need one because my LG-G2 worked fine. The sales rep said I had until January 2016 to get my new phone when my 2 year aggreement was up. But she said Verizon has an EDGE program. She said I could get a new phone and pay for it over the term of 2 years. She told me the phone I wanted would be approx. $25 a month for the 2 years under EDGE, but that I would get a $25 a month credit for being on the EDGE program. I asked her multiple times to confirm that my bill would not go up. She insisted it would not and even mention that I might actually save a few cents a month since the phone was only $24 and change each month and that the credit was $25. Well, when I received my first bill, this was not the case. I only receive a $15 a month discount. I know it's only about $10 a month more, but this is not what I was promised and I would NOT have agreed to it. I spoke to 5 people at Verizon (2 in sales and 2 in customer service via phone and 1 via chat), and none of the could correc the issue. I was told I have to pay the extra $10 a month for 24 months or pay the $730 for phone and cancellation fee. I cannot believe Verizon would treat me, a loyal customer for 15 years, this way. I hope someone at Verizon reads thisand can rectify the situation.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Why won't Verizon fix their mistake? Customer for 15 years, now leaving

dad_of_2

What plan are you on? If you are on a plan that is 6Gb or more that is how you get the $25 discount. I am sorry you got the worng info. Did you back to the store to talk to that agent?  Did you the $25 discount that was quoated in writing? What dose your recipt say?

0 Likes

Jeffronik

I did the sale over the phone, so I do not know what was on the receipt. I just know what I was told. I was never initially told that I needed a 6G or higher data plan to get the $25 a month credit. I was only told about that today when I tried to resolve the issue. All I wanted Verizon to do was keep their promise of $25 a month credit, and if not, then let me cancel my service without charge and I would return the phone. They said no. To me, that is a lack of commitment to customer service.  I never would have gone into this EDGE contract had I know it would cost me $15 a month. 

To: Jeff Shiell <jeffronik@yahoo.com>

Sent: Friday, April 10, 2015 11:37 AM

Subject: - Why won't Verizon fix their mistake? Customer for 15 years, now leaving

#yiv6278118008 img

|

|

|

A message from the Verizon Wireless Community

|

| |

created by dad_of_2 in My Bill - View the full discussionWhat plan are you on? If you are on a plan that is 6Gb or more that is how you get the $25 discount. I am sorry you got the worng info. Did you back to the store to talk to that agent?  Did you the $25 discount that was quoated in writing? What dose your recipt say? Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community Start a new discussion in My Bill by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

|

|

© 2014 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless

One Verizon Way

Mail Code: 180WVB

Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences by visiting https://community.verizonwireless.com/user-preferences!input.jspa.

|

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information

about click activity with Verizon Wireless and links included in this email.

|

|

|

0 Likes

kaebfly
Leader

I'm sorry you were given incorrect info. Was any of this on the paperwork that came with your phone when it was shipped? Usually it will show details like discounts. Unfortunately it looks like this is set up in a way that customers won't see the error until their bill comes, which is usually after the 14 day return period. That seems to be the reoccurring theme from the posts I've read. Unless you're one to check your My Verizon account frequently it's too late by the time you find out

0 Likes

dad_of_2

Did you approved it online after they sold it to you? They would need some sort of aggreement for the payment plan. There is usally a follow up email with everything in it as well.

0 Likes

Jeffronik

That would be my error. I trusted what I was told. 

To: Jeff Shiell <jeffronik@yahoo.com>

Sent: Friday, April 10, 2015 12:41 PM

Subject: - Why won't Verizon fix their mistake? Customer for 15 years, now leaving

#yiv1326527770 img

|

|

|

A message from the Verizon Wireless Community

|

| |

created by dad_of_2 in My Bill - View the full discussionDid you approved it online after they sold it to you? They would need some sort of aggreement for the payment plan. There is usally a follow up email with everything in it as well. Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community Start a new discussion in My Bill by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

|

|

© 2014 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless

One Verizon Way

Mail Code: 180WVB

Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences by visiting https://community.verizonwireless.com/user-preferences!input.jspa.

|

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information

about click activity with Verizon Wireless and links included in this email.

|

|

|

0 Likes

dad_of_2

I am sorry, but you have to read and reread everything...there is going to be no way for them to honor it becouse of the plan you are on.    

0 Likes