Highlighted

Why was my service disconnected?

shandy9

We are late paying our bill this month so I called on 1/10/14 and made payment arrangements to pay on or before 1/22/14 via the automated service. I received a text message confirmation of the payment arrangements from Verizon.  It is now 1/14/14 and Verizon has suspended our service. I contacted customer service in the Billing Dept. and of course, the CSR wasn't able to find a record of the arrangements which I made on Jan 10th. She was rude and not helpful at all. I asked if they could waive the reconnect fee and she refused.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Why was my service disconnected?

Verizon Employee

That is definitely not an experience that we would have wanted you to have.  For help with your payment arrangement please call our Financial Service department at 866-266-1445.

yarelim_vzw

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Re: Payment Arrangements

Not applicable

I believe if you dial *611 from the suspended device it will go directly to financial services if what I read in other threads is correct. Speak to them and not customer service.

It is doubtful verizon will drop the fee. Why would they? They are making more money from you. However I never knew there was an automated service for not paying your bill. I now learned something I never knew before.

Good Luck

0 Likes

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

I suppose I don't quite understand what you did.

• Did you call Financial Services to notify them you were scheduling a late payment and they sent you a confirmation text
  • Did you NOT call Financial Services but simply scheduled a payment thru the automated system

If it was the 2nd option listed above, THAT is why your service was suspended and as Elector has stated it is unlikely you will have the re-connection fees removed. Whenever you think you will be making a payment late, it is advisable to call Financial Services to notify them. If you do not, it is quite possible your service will be suspended. Even if you DO call them and it is at least somewhat routine that you are late in payment, it is still possible service will be suspended.

Good luck.

goodiegurl26

The same thing happened to me, but I have 3 phones on my account. Not only did they charge me a $15 reconnect fee for each phone, they kept trying to charge my bank account before the date specified and I was also charge for 2 non sufficient funds fees through them and $30 fees through my bank. I am learning that Verizon is costing way more than it is worth. I have 3 phones and the plans are $40 a month so why is my monthly bill $283.00 a month? Yet another unanswered question.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

We want to make certain that everything adds up and you avoid those additional fees moving forward goodiegurl26! Anytime your payment is going to be late, you can schedule a Promise to Pay by calling #PMT (#768) from your device, selecting the prompt for Other Payment Options, and then Notify of Late Payment. This will create a 17 day extension from your due date and secure the account from interruption.  Next we want to take a closer look into the plan. It sounds as if you're on the More Everything Plan which is $40.00 for each smartphone and a base cost for the data. Which data plan do you have? How much usage do you average? http://bit.ly/MctgBe

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes

Re: Why was my service disconnected?

Verizon Employee

That is definitely not an experience that we would have wanted you to have.  For help with your payment arrangement please call our Financial Service department at 866-266-1445.

yarelim_vzw

View solution in original post

0 Likes