Highlighted

Why was my carry over data not used first?

Pmanlori

My carryover data was being used first and now when i look my xxl plan data is being used.   This is NOT what was suposed to happen!

Another nasty Verizon scam?   Why do I get the feeling Verizon changed it on purpose.....

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Why was my carry over data not used first?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Having the correct expectations about carryover data is a must, Pmanlori. Since it’s inception, carryover data has always been used after plan data, and before entering safety mode.
Here’s a breakdown of how data is used each month;
1 – Bonus Data/ Promotional data
2 – Plan Data
3 – Carryover Data
4 – Overage Data (or safety mode if enabled).
You can learn more here (see #6): https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/carryover-data-faqs/

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Having the correct expectations about carryover data is a must, Pmanlori. Since it’s inception, carryover data has always been used after plan data, and before entering safety mode.
Here’s a breakdown of how data is used each month;
1 – Bonus Data/ Promotional data
2 – Plan Data
3 – Carryover Data
4 – Overage Data (or safety mode if enabled).
You can learn more here (see #6): https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/carryover-data-faqs/

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

You were misinformed. The plan data was always used before the carryover data and has been that way since they first announced the carryover data policy and mirrors the AT&T policy for their rollover data.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

JorM0

Unfortanately this response can be translated to Verizon created an offering that doesn't meet anyones expectations, but they don't care.  They already have you subscribed and paying extreme amounts for the service.  The suggestion in this post makes more sense. 

Verizon does not care about the customers.  There is hardly any point to having carryover data in this format.  I understand safety mode which is nearly impossible to use because it is so slow.  I also you have unlimited plans are again $$$$.

Please let us use carryover data first!