Why was my Government Discount Removed?

Anyone know why if you sign up for unlimited plan they remove the government discount?  I understand the military one stays and I agree 100% it should but why shouldn't all discounts stay.  I'd be better off switching to another carrier since they still allow the discount on the unlimited plan.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Government Discount Removed

Expert

It can be when Verizon specifically chooses to not allow any discounts besides military or veteran discounts. See item 11. The new Verizon Plan Unlimited FAQs | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Expert

When Verizon Wireless announced the plan, they specifically stated only military and veteran discounts would be allowed with the plan along with the optional autopay discount.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

This was my question, too. Government is government, national, state or local. There shouldn't be any kind of bias or discrimination because of the plan that you choose.

0 Likes

Leader

So why should a government employee get a discount on a plan that a non-government employee doesn't?

0 Likes

It's just like working for any other company (not just government companies) that have Verizon discounts for their employees...it's a perk and it shouldn't be denied based on the plan that you choose.

0 Likes

Expert

It can be when Verizon specifically chooses to not allow any discounts besides military or veteran discounts. See item 11. The new Verizon Plan Unlimited FAQs | Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

Sr. Leader

sjsteele wrote:

It's just like working for any other company (not just government companies) that have Verizon discounts for their employees...it's a perk and it shouldn't be denied based on the plan that you choose.

You are correct, it is a "perk" and Verizon has chosen to provide this "perk" only for military personnel and veterans. It is Verizon's option whether or not to provide a discount. Verizon is not required to provide a discount to anyone, they choose to do so or to not do so.