Highlighted

Why was I billed for a month before I started with Verizon Wireless?

My wife and I started a Verizon Wireless account for two smart phones with 6GB shared data on January 19 - just over one month ago.

I just received an e-mail saying my bill was ready.  When I went to log in, I saw the following:

Bill Period: December 20, 2013 - January 19, 2014 - Balance = $166.92

Bill Period: January 20, 2014 - February 19, 2014 - Balance = $164.60

I don't understand why I'm being billed the full amount for December 20-January 19 when I only had my phone for one day during that cycle.  When I called and asked about it, they explained that I was pre-paying for the next month.  But it doesn't make sense that I would be billed $166.92 for the "Bill Period" in which I only had one day of service.  Can someone please explain?  Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Why was I billed for a month before I started with Verizon Wireless?

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

I'll try to explain - hope it will make sense.  I see that the bill (total bill) for Dec. 20- Jan. 19 is a couple of dollars more than the Jan. 20- Feb. 19 bill.  If you look at the DETAILS for the billing, you'l  probably see soemthing like this:

On the Dec. bill:

Service  for Dec. 20- Jan. 19 - just the one day, is a dollar or two.

Service in advance for Jan20-Feb19 cycle, and linee charges, etc brings that total to the $166 and change.

On the Feb bill:
Service in advance for Feb20-March19 cycle, and line charges, brings the total to $164 and change.

You are billed in advance for service; your first bill includes both the current cycle (one day) and service for the coming cycle, so it's usually more (in your case, only one day more).

Does this make sense?  Look at the time frame of the services you are billed for....

View solution in original post

0 Likes

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

I'll try to explain - hope it will make sense.  I see that the bill (total bill) for Dec. 20- Jan. 19 is a couple of dollars more than the Jan. 20- Feb. 19 bill.  If you look at the DETAILS for the billing, you'l  probably see soemthing like this:

On the Dec. bill:

Service  for Dec. 20- Jan. 19 - just the one day, is a dollar or two.

Service in advance for Jan20-Feb19 cycle, and linee charges, etc brings that total to the $166 and change.

On the Feb bill:
Service in advance for Feb20-March19 cycle, and line charges, brings the total to $164 and change.

You are billed in advance for service; your first bill includes both the current cycle (one day) and service for the coming cycle, so it's usually more (in your case, only one day more).

Does this make sense?  Look at the time frame of the services you are billed for....

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Yes, it makes sense now.  I see where it says "Month in Advance".  Thanks!

0 Likes