Why the False Advertising of "Unlimited"?

Why does Verizon claim their plan to be "Unlimited" when it is obviously not "Unlimited"????  To limit anything in any way is limit the thing.  It is deceptive, false, and illegal to advertise the plan as unlimited when it is not.  Please stop the false advertising.  Thanks much.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Why the False Advertising of "Unlimited"?

Sr. Leader

Is there a maximum you can use? No. That is unlimited.  Unlimited with caveats, but still no upper limit.  There is always a functional limit where you could not use more than a certain amount if you maxed 24/7 for 30 days.  You do understand. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

All the other carriers plans are "unlimited" too and they created theirs first. Verizon Wireless was following the same pattern.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

In that case, NOTHING could ever be called unlimited and they should simply delete that word from existence.

0 Likes
Highlighted

It is unlimited in the sense that you will not be billed extra for exceeding a set amount. Yes, Verizon Wireless does reserve the right to throttle speed once a certain threshold has been crossed, but, they will not charge more.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Is there a maximum you can use? No. That is unlimited.  Unlimited with caveats, but still no upper limit.  There is always a functional limit where you could not use more than a certain amount if you maxed 24/7 for 30 days.  You do understand. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

I JUST HAD THE SAME EXPERIENCE !! $45/MO. FOR EACH LINE "UNLIMITED DATA" IS ACTUALLY SOMETHING ELSE. I ALSO ASKED WHY "TIED" TO 4 FOR $180/PRICE

THE FOLLOWING IS THE MORNING JIBBERISH---I AM SORELY DISAPPOINTED:

[Removed]

Chat transcription removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

UMSTAKWIT wrote:

I JUST HAD THE SAME EXPERIENCE !! $45/MO. FOR EACH LINE "UNLIMITED DATA" IS ACTUALLY SOMETHING ELSE. I ALSO ASKED WHY "TIED" TO 4 FOR $180/PRICE

THE FOLLOWING IS THE MORNING JIBBERISH---I AM SORELY DISAPPOINTED:

[Removed]

Chat transcription removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

It is simply because that is an AVERAGE cost/line for 4 lines. $180/4 = $45. Nothing sinister about it. They are not trying to fool you.

Go to their webpage if you want the details. Details CANNOT be explained in a HEADLINE. That is why there is more information below the HEADLINE. The following information was found on Verizon's webpage about the unlimited plan. There is a drop-down menu for how many lines you need and will give you the breakdown on that number of lines and the AVERAGE cost/line on the total amount.

Untitled-1.jpg

for those who cannot see a pattern emerging, it is $110 for the unlimited data. THEN there is a $20 line access fee for each smartphone/tablet/jetpack. The line access fee will jump to $40 only for lines which are under a service contract.

Highlighted

the online calculator is not clear. they could easily show what you pay now - all in - vs what you will pay - all in - with change. but they decide to not do so. it is totally deceptive and just unethical practices.

just be honest up front verizon. no reason to play games.

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

It is a calculator. If you go to buy the plan, they give you a side by side. I don't understand your definition of deceptive and unethical in this situation. Seems very straightforward.

0 Likes
Highlighted

not true. They turned off my jetpack and said it was part of throttling. I have no service at all cant upload an email or any webiste. It says no service at this time. When phone next to it has full bars. Call they said thats part of throttleing. This is 100% false advertising and statments on Verizons part. 

0 Likes
Covid19