Highlighted

Why is there no option to backdate my "Nationwide Talk - 700" plan changes? I only see "Immediately" and "Next Bill Date".

Why is there no option to backdate my "Nationwide Talk - 700" plan changes? I only see "Immediately" and "Next Bill Date". The reason that I am making changes to my plan is that I am trying to avoid as much overage charges as possible. Is the reason that there is no option to backdate that it is not late enough for the plan changes to be backdated? Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Why is there no option to backdate my "Nationwide Talk - 700" plan changes? I only see "Immediately" and "Next Bill Date".

Sr. Leader

The only time I have seen the "backdate" option not available was when you were LOWERING your allowance. In this case you COULD backdate it but you had to call in to CS in order to do so. I am unsure if that is still the case.

When is your bill closing date? What date did you attempt to make the change. The only other reason I could think why it would not be available is if it is the first day of your billing cycle. If so, then there is no reason to offer "backdate" since "immediately" would end up being the same result.

Regardless, if backdate is not available you should be able to call in to CS in order to do so.

What are you changing in your plan?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Why is there no option to backdate my "Nationwide Talk - 700" plan changes? I only see "Immediately" and "Next Bill Date".

My bill closing date is January 23, 2016. My total charges are "Due by February 18, 2016".

Actually, one of the phones using the "NATIONWIDE TALK SHARE 700" plan has used 11.739 GB of 2.000 GB. I wanted to change the phone's data plan from "$30.00 - 2GB Data Bundle with Personal Email" to "$80.00 - 10GB Data Bundle with Personal Email", and when I clicked "Change effective date?", I got two options: "Immediately 01/29/2016" and "Next Bill Date 02/24/2016". Under "Next Bill Date 02/24/2016", the window said, "Your new plan will take effect on the first day of the next billing cycle and reflect your new estimated plan price of $205.15". I just saw this, today (01/29/2016).

I was thinking because the window said, "Your new plan will take effect on the first day of the next billing cycle" ("first day of the next billing cycle" is 02/24/2016), my next bill (closing date is probably February 23, 2016) won't take into consideration my new plan. That is why I am asking why there is no option to backdate my plan changes.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

CrazyBalls-

Overage charges are pesky and backdating is awesome because you can avoid those extra charges. I definitely want to dig a little bit deeper here because if you are increasing your data allowance, you should be able to backdate the change. Since this does require account specific information, we will need to move this to a private forum. I am going to send you a private message in the next 10 minutes to your community inbox asking for a few more pieces of information. I am eager to assist you this afternoon, talk to you soon.
AmberK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

CrazyBalls wrote:

My bill closing date is January 23, 2016. My total charges are "Due by February 18, 2016".

Actually, one of the phones using the "NATIONWIDE TALK SHARE 700" plan has used 11.739 GB of 2.000 GB. I wanted to change the phone's data plan from "$30.00 - 2GB Data Bundle with Personal Email" to "$80.00 - 10GB Data Bundle with Personal Email", and when I clicked "Change effective date?", I got two options: "Immediately 01/29/2016" and "Next Bill Date 02/24/2016". Under "Next Bill Date 02/24/2016", the window said, "Your new plan will take effect on the first day of the next billing cycle and reflect your new estimated plan price of $205.15". I just saw this, today (01/29/2016).

I'm curious, did the line on your plan use this 11.739 GB of data on your bill that is due on February 18 and therefore you have an overage of 10 GB for $100 on this bill? If so, it is too late to get out of this overage. You will have to pay that overage since you would have to backdate your plan to starting on December 24 which is not possible.

IF this data use has taken place between your CURRENT billing cycle begin date of January 24 and today, January 29, then you should be able to backdate the change but it appears you may have to call CS if you are unable to do so online. Keep in mind, though, that if this is the case you are only 5 days into your current billing cycle and even with a 10 GB data plan you ALREADY have a 2 GB overage if you don't use ANY more data in the next 26 days.

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

We're always here for support and want to ensure your concerns are completely addressed. So we can make sure the plan change is processed, please send us a Private Message regarding this matter. We look forward to hearing from you.

0 Likes

The line on my plan used the 11.739 GB of data between my billing cycle begin date of January 24 and that day, January 29. I think everything is taken care of. I believe my family has switched our plan to "MORE EVERY UNL TLK&TXT 20GB Plan". It costs more than our previous plan every month, but it's OK. Thank you all for your help.

0 Likes
Covid19