Highlighted

Why is the myverizon mobile app asking me to sigin in from my own device?

I recently upgraded to Iphone 7 plus.  I am trying to sign in to myverizon mobile app and it is telling me to sign in from my own device.  I am on my own device.

Any help?

Thanks

Allison

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: When signing in to myverizon mobile app it says please sign in from your own device.

I had the same problem with my new Pixel phone. I recommend going to your old device and remove all updates to the My Verizon app. Then reinstall updates on your new device. This worked for me but I now have to wait for what seems too be a long time for the app to load.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: When signing in to myverizon mobile app it says please sign in from your own device.

I had the same problem with my new Pixel phone. I recommend going to your old device and remove all updates to the My Verizon app. Then reinstall updates on your new device. This worked for me but I now have to wait for what seems too be a long time for the app to load.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

AllieJo,

I don't want you having any trouble getting into My Verizon. That's a great tool for managing your account. Is this My Verizon account tied to your phone number or a different number on your account? Can you still log in on our web site?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

I removed the My Verizon app updates on my old Phone. Then reinstalled them

on my Pixel phone. Now I can use the My Verizon app but it takes a long

time to open the app. I'm not sure why it is taking so long to respond to

the My Verizon app.

My phone number and the username are linked to the My Verizon app. I can

now log in but like I said before it buffer's for a real long time to open

the My Verizon app.

On Dec 17, 2016 10:33 AM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
Highlighted

Not sure what I did, but I can now sign in on the app.

Thanks!

Allison

0 Likes
Highlighted

I've had the same problem with my Note 9 -- MyVerizon always requires login, ignores "remember me", etc.  However, I was also always using the widget (the one that shows the data remaining) to launch MyVerizon.  When I launch it directly, I can get right in with cached credentials.

So, it appears that the workaround (at least for me) is to NOT tap the widget, but instead launch the MyVerizon app directly.

Hope this helps.  It's truly an infuriating problem (though less so now that I have a workaround).  When I tried to contact Verizon chat support about having to log in every time they just said it was a "security feature" and wouldn't acknowledge that it's broken.

Highlighted

+1 - The widget is the problem. Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Thank you. This has been driving me nuts. Confirmed, the widget is busted. Open My Verizon app directly.

Way to go geniuses

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

zyx,

I'm glad to hear you're able to get into the My Verizon app directly. At the same rate, widgets are meant to be used, so let's look into this. What's the make and model of your device? Which My Verizon widget were you using when this issue was happening? If you use other My Verizon widgets, what happens?

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes