Highlighted

~ Why is my first bill over $42.00 more than the estimated first bill amount?

When we bought our two phones, the estimated first bill was $164.86.  However, the actual first bill was $207.51.  Why the discrepancy?

Don

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: ~ Why is my first bill over $42.00 more than the estimated first bill amount?

Sr. Leader

So, based on that and the current pricing (IDK what it was when you signed up) that's $40+$40+$30(data)=$120 before taxes and fees. Also, your billing cycle might begin and end differently than your begin/activation date.  So you might have a partial on there for a couple bucks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: ~ Why is my first bill over $42.00 more than the estimated first bill amount?

Sr. Leader

What does the line breakdown state as the charges in My Verizon or on your paper bill?  Taxes on the phones perhaps?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Balance Forward  $0.00

Monthly Charges   --   $123.87

Verizon Wireless' Surcharges and Other Charges & Credits  --     $79.54

Taxes, Governmental Surcharges & Fees   --       $4.10

Total Current Charges       --         $207..51

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

What plan did you sign up for?  Consider activation fees as part of the first bill as well.

0 Likes

MORE Everything - Smartphone Line Access   $40.00

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

How much data?  For example:  Used to be $40 line access + $60 2GB data =$100 for a single line.  2 lines would be $80 + $60 for shared 2GB.  That would be $140.  Comes down to those details.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Shared 1GB.  We live in the mountains and get no service at home/

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

So, based on that and the current pricing (IDK what it was when you signed up) that's $40+$40+$30(data)=$120 before taxes and fees. Also, your billing cycle might begin and end differently than your begin/activation date.  So you might have a partial on there for a couple bucks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Thanks nn5-

We signed up last month on the 9th.

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Hope that answers your question, or leads you to a better understanding at least.

Covid19