Highlighted

Why is my discount not consistent with the one my co-workers get?

Novice

I currently receive a 15% government employee discount that I am grateful for.  Smiley Happy  However,  several of my coworkers receive 20% discounts on their Verizon bills??????  How does this work?   Just asking..... Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Discount not consistent?

Novice

Perhaps the discount agreement through your particular agency was reworked since your coworkers were hired or visa versa.  If these coworkers that get a 20% discount were hired before you then they are likely still getting a discount based on an old agreement which will stay in effect until Verizon confirms they are still eligible for a discount (which happens periodically).  However if those coworkers were hired after you then the discount agreement with your agency may have changed since you enrolled.  Again Verizon will not generally amend your discount to reflect a better discount unless you cask them to renew your discount according to the new agreement.  Much like Verizon is not required to initiate an employer discount on your behalf.  You have to request that you receive the employer discount any changes that result in a better discount will only affect you if you ask them to update your discount rate.  Hope that helps?

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Novice

Perhaps the discount agreement through your particular agency was reworked since your coworkers were hired or visa versa.  If these coworkers that get a 20% discount were hired before you then they are likely still getting a discount based on an old agreement which will stay in effect until Verizon confirms they are still eligible for a discount (which happens periodically).  However if those coworkers were hired after you then the discount agreement with your agency may have changed since you enrolled.  Again Verizon will not generally amend your discount to reflect a better discount unless you cask them to renew your discount according to the new agreement.  Much like Verizon is not required to initiate an employer discount on your behalf.  You have to request that you receive the employer discount any changes that result in a better discount will only affect you if you ask them to update your discount rate.  Hope that helps?

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Do I get the extra discount for being an essential worker?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there! We know it is important to get the best discount available for your account. You can find more information on the discounts we offer our First Responders here: https://www.verizon.com/support/first-responders-discounts-faqs/#eligible.

AnnaG_VZW

0 Likes