Why is my device payment plan bill so high?

Hannah1443

So back in January, my husband and I signed up for the new Verizon edge program. My galaxy S III had completely shut down, but his iPhone five was in perfect condition. The associate offered us the edge program explaining that we would need to send the old devices in otherwise we would be charged $200 per phone. Well I knew I wasn't going to send mine in since it was broken. So I expected a $200 charge. And then we decided maybe we should just keep my husbands old iPhone so that my daughter could play with it and just except a second $200 charge. However, the charges just came through and it is $800! Is this incorrect? With this charge on our account, I will definitely be sending my husband's old iPhone in. I just don't understand why it wasn't $200 per phone like we were originally told.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Early edge haven't sent phone

Community Manager
Community Manager
Hannah1443,

I know unexpected charges would concern me just the same and we'd be happy to help figure out what may be going on. To clarify, when performing an early Edge upgrade your old device would need to be returned back to us otherwise, there would be a $299 dollar charge for the device if not returned. This may account for the additional balance that you are seeing. The good news is that you would still have 45 days to send the devices back to have the charges refunded.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager
Hannah1443,

I know unexpected charges would concern me just the same and we'd be happy to help figure out what may be going on. To clarify, when performing an early Edge upgrade your old device would need to be returned back to us otherwise, there would be a $299 dollar charge for the device if not returned. This may account for the additional balance that you are seeing. The good news is that you would still have 45 days to send the devices back to have the charges refunded.

AdamG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Hannah1443

45 days from the time of the transaction or 45 days from when I received the $800 bill?

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager
That's a great quesiton, Hannah1443. I regret that we weren't clear in our reply. The 45 day period starts from the date the equipment was originally ordered.

DionM_VZW
0 Likes

Re: Why is my device payment plan bill so high?

tmkehler

I did purchase a new phone 10x I was told that my bill would be 145.00 a month not 206.00 . Us the 206 a one time thing .? If so what will my monthly bill be?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Why is my device payment plan bill so high?

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

You would have to give more of a breakdown on your bill. Have you actually looked at it to see what the charges are for, or do you simply look at the total?

How much each month for your service? How much each month for your device payment? What was the cost for the device?

0 Likes