Why is it impossible for Verizon to update CNAM information for their customers?

I got an additional line in Feburary of 2020. To this day any non-Verizon customer sees someone else's name when I call them.  While I understand CNAM registry is not a universal database, Verizon seems unable to even update their own. How can this be changed or updated? Every other carrier seems to have far less issues.

I would love to have this corrected, but call after call to support is worthless.

-I've only been told to change my Name ID, which would possibly fix the issue I don't have with verizon customers. 

-I've been issued ticket numbers for support, with no resolution ever.

-I've been told it was corrected and should take a dew days before changes to show up. Nothing

-I just today had support ask for my IMEI and ICCID, which they couldn't decipher on their own which was which. Not Support if you ask me.,

0 Likes

Re: Why is it impossible for Verizon to update CNAM information for their customers?

Customer Support

We appreciate you sharing the details on the situation with the new line, About2beformer. We know having your name show properly is essential with your phone, and Share Name ID is the most effective method to update the displayed name for the line for calls to others. 

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes