Highlighted

Why is Verizon web customer service and automated phone service so bad?

Open Note to Verizon

Your automated customer service approach is dehumanizing, not helpful and frustrating. You may be saving money, but I've got to believe you will pay in lost customers.

Sincerely,

Lost customer

My Story...

I'm getting frustrated with verizon offering great deals for new customers, but treating long time customers like dirt. Rather like a commodity, a cow, to be milked and given just the essentials to keep it producing. 

I stopped by a store to upgrade my family's equipment (7 lines)... They have a BOGO offer, great! Oh, but that's just if you add a line. My family can trade in, but our old phones are worth almost nothing. I'm looking at paying thousands for the upgrade.

I look at competitors, get an offer and call to give verizon a shot at saving a decades loyal customer.

The website does little, I go for the chat... long waits between responses, they offer me what's on the website, they go so far as to send me a link instead of typing. They send the link without an explanation. They only explain when I ask what the link was for.

I ask for a supervisor, he doesn't help either. What's more he actually switches back to the automated system without a word. 

I call the customer service phone #... It tries to get me to use the chat system... it's almost belligerent in refusing to send my call to a human. It's really awful! I must have hit "operator" a hundred times before it finally relented and connected me with a person.

The person I spoke with was kind and polite, but not empowered to offer me anything to make me stay. She transferred me to another department, I'm on hold... not optimistic...

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Why is Verizon web customer service and automated phone service so bad?

They are losing me. Being put on hold for 1 hour only to bee told they canceled my phone order and its basically my problem tis company terrible

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support
ngoldschm, We know the importance of receiving excellent customer service during every interaction with us. We're truly sorry to learn that you've had this experience when reaching out for assistance.

While we don't have the ability to price match with other carriers; we do have some great deals on devices, overall. We understand that every promotion will not work for every customer but our promotions are always changing to meet all of our customers' needs. You can stay updated on the latest offers, here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/deals/upgrades/.

You can also check account-specific loyalty offers by signing into your My Verizon account www.vzw.com/signin, and checking your ‘Notifications’ section for "My Offers". It is our hope that you will continue to allow us to serve as your wireless providers for many years to come.

https://myvpostpay.verizonwireless.com/ui/hub/ao/myoffers#/

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

fyoui,

This certainly isn't the experience we want for you to have. May we ask what type of order this was? Have you been able to replace this order?

ErinW_VZW

0 Likes