Highlighted

Why is VZW customer service so awful?

Anhedonius

On 11/30 I ordered an iPhone 6 through the reseller at Costco because they had an $80 rebate for a qualified update. Although I didn't expect it soon, I checked on it at the store on 12/5, where they told me that it had been damaged in transit from VZW in Pennsylvania and delivery was refused by the reseller's warehouse, so it would probably be another 4-5 days. No big deal, but when I checked at the store today, there wasn't any more news. The order came from VZW and wasn't delivered to the reseller, so it's VZW's responsibility (it was likely broken by FedEx, but that's between VZW and FedEx.) The guy at the reseller's booth said I had to call VZW to cancel it. I called VZW in the store, but the guy on the phone couldn't tell me much of anything. The reseller offered to cancel (although I'd lose my rebate), so I asked them to check on it. When I got home, i saw the order on MyVerizon with the FedEx tracking number to the warehouse showing that it had been refused and a notation from FedEx to contact the shipper. Online chat said they couldn't do anything, and at that point I was ready for retention anyway. I was on the phone with "Adam" for an hour or more (I hung up once and he called back), during which time he said the reseller should have reordered (maybe, but they refused the damaged phone), said I should have bought it through them (the reseller's deal was better and I didn't have to wait an hour to talk to someone at their Costco booth), told me it wasn't VZW's fault (it's their phone until it hits the reseller, so yes, it is), kept saying it was a $750 phone and a claim had to be filed, and pretty much gave me service that was both rude and inept. However, he did offer to give me the same deal I'd get off the street if I cancelled the order and stayed with VZW and got a Droid Turbo - generous!

So, whatever dear VZW bots are trolling these comment threads - can you give me one reason why I should stay with you?

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Why is VZW customer service so awful?

Tidbits
Sr. Leader

That sounds like a problem with the reseller and not Verizon.

0 Likes

Anhedonius

The phone was shipped by VZW and arrived damaged. If it had been damaged by the reseller after receipt, it would be their problem. However, it's between VZW and FedEx, and the FedEx tracking screen says "Damaged - delivery not completed" (which may mean it never left FedEx's facility near Seattle if they saw it was damaged). Regardless, FedEx is acting as VZW's agent. The reseller probably should have followed through to find out why a new phone wasn't sent, but VZW should have sent one as soon as it was clear that it didn't arrive - and if FedEx didn't return the iPhone's corpse to VZW after noting it was damaged, that's between VZW and FedEx.,

Regardless, the phone rep was bad. Really bad. Bad enough to alienate me when I don't have much of a network alternative at home apart from WI-Fi calling,

0 Likes

Tidbits
Sr. Leader

If it was a reseller then it wouldn't have been shipped by Verizon. It would have been shipped to the retailer.

Basically the retailer lied to you. It's on backorder so you got excuses as to why you are not getting it without telling you it's on backorder.

0 Likes

Anhedonius

Um...no. The order shows on My Verizon and the FedEx tracking screen linked to from there shows a pickup at Coatesville, PA (VZW's warehouse, according to the third rep) and "Damaged" in Kent, WA. Three VZW reps (two phone, one online) confirmed that the phone was ordered by the reseller from VZW.

0 Likes

Tidbits
Sr. Leader

If it was going to your house then you would have gotten the phone and if it was damage the tracking would have told you so, and sent it back.  That would be on FedEx and not Verizon at that point.  If it went to the "reseller"(which means they are not Verizon) and they found it to be damaged then they have to redo everything and unwilling to help you.  I suggest you actually go somewhere else from that point forward.