Highlighted

Why is Sprint offering the same type of plan that I have with verizon now, however only at half the price I am paying now.

Why is Sprint offering the same type of plan that I have with verizon now, however only at half the price I am paying now.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Why is Sprint offering the same type of plan that I have with verizon now, however only at half the price I am paying now.

Customer Support

Gebo-

We are all ears.  We do  have the best and most reliable network.  You can read about that here at http://vz.to/13N0B6O . What is your current plan? How many lines do you have?

EmmaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter  @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Why is Sprint offering the same type of plan that I have with verizon now, however only at half the price I am paying now.

Customer Support

Gebo-

We are all ears.  We do  have the best and most reliable network.  You can read about that here at http://vz.to/13N0B6O . What is your current plan? How many lines do you have?

EmmaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter  @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

It is not really half price. It is half your data portion, but there is still phone access fee and then you must pay for the phone. Net savings is still there, but in the 20% range, not 50%.

Then you must ask yourself how much the more extensive coverage of Verizon is worth to you.

Highlighted

As a former Sprint customer (for 18 years) I can vouch for the lack of service/coverage they provide.  Originally they had similar coverage and competitive pricing but over time they haven't kept up with technology or other providers in increasing coverage.  In Tucson where I live they finally got around to the 4G upgrades after years of promising it and now that they have completed the upgrades my service went from bad to worse.  They only way I could use data at all in town was to force the phone to 3G only mode which is painfully slow. The tower that used to be really close to my house they moved miles away during the upgrade so I lost voice/text coverage at home as well.  It would still work but not consistently or reliably, could go for 1/2 hour or more with text messaging or voice just unavailable.  Even at my work my 4G coverage was non-existent as was coverage between home and work.  I swore by Sprint for 18 years and finally threw in the towel.  Depending on where you live you very well could have excellent service but beware if you leave any major cities, don't expect service or data coverage except roaming.  Even at my daughters school with Sprint she didn't get service so her phone would roam throughout the day and her battery would die part way through the day or at least by the end of the day.  With Verizon (same phone model) at the end of the day now she is easily at 67%.  She also was concerned about the loss of unlimited data with Sprint, my response was that Sprint was indirectly limited by lack of coverage and service and her response was "but if my data service actually works then I'm gonna use it", if that isn't a big red flag regarding Sprint coverage then I don't what is.  As mentioned by Weth it really is only about 20% savings because you have to turn in your existing device and buy a new one.  Good luck.