Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Why is Smart Hub claiming falsely high data usage?

ANDD6

Smart Hub consistently reports falsely high data usage and then overages, even though Verizon's own data tracker shows clearly that the 3 devices that I use on my network are combined using less than half the amount that Verizon claims.

Why does Verizon persist in this fraudulent activity?  I am so sick of this company, I cannot wait for my contract to be up. 

Labels (1)

Re: Why is Smart Hub claiming falsely high data usage?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

ANDD6 - Keeping track of your data is a must. We are very grateful for your loyalty and we definitely don't wan to lose you. Please allow me the opportunity to investigate the data usage issue you're having. Are you being billed for data overages? When did the data reporting issue begin?

JacobV_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

ANDD6

Thank you for your response.

This has been an issue for as long as I have owned this Smart Hub, you can

determine that timing on your side.

Please see the attached screenshot, which shows data usage calculated by

VERIZON.

As you can see, the Smart Hub is claiming 13.7 gb of data usage thus far

this month.

Yet the combined usage of the only 3 devices which are ever connected to

the network totals only 7.6 gb of use.  My laptop (ee:ab) has used 4.7 gb,

my iPhone has used 2.9 gb, and my printer (d8:49) has effectively used 0.0

gb.

Therefore the Smart Hub has falsely added 6.1 gbs of data usage which NEVER

OCCURRED.

Furthermore, as a result of this inaccurate data tracking, I am now on the

verge of hitting the 15 gb threshold for Unlimited use. This in turn will

cause Verizon to throttle down my data speeds through no fault of my own.

I find all of this unacceptable. 

Andrew [removed]

[removed]

Personal content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 2:09 PM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes

ANDD6

Since you've chosen to ignore my concerns, I have proceeded to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission.  I'll be filing additional complaints as time permits with other agencies as well.

For those out there tired of dealing with your fraudulent behavior, here's a link: Submit a Consumer Complaint to the FTC | Federal Trade Commission

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

ANDD6,

I can assure you we would never ignore y ou. We want to get to the bottom of your concerns and help solve things. This is a peer to peer forum so it is best not to share personal information here. I have sent you a private message though so we can go into those details and help. Please respond when you're able to we can help.

AndrewT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

CMESTRONG

Did you ever find the answer to you question? I am helping my partner with the same issue. I disconnected all devices from the smart hub and connected them, wirelessly to a router which is connected to the hub. I have been tracking the data for 1.5 months now and it consistently shows almost double data on the hub from the what the router is using. This is very troubling and we have worked with Verizon in the past and were sent a new hub. The hubs are the issue. The continue to drain data. In my view customers should not be charged or data should not count for a product that is Verizons. This hub is take between .7 and 1.5 gigs a day.

0 Likes

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I appreciate your concerns over this and want to help alleviate them for you, CMESTRONG . I’d like to know more about your set-up. If any iPhones or Apple devices connect to the Smart Hub, then be sure to not have iCloud on. It’s been found that once connected to Wi-Fi, the iCloud will begin syncing and using data. What are the different devices you have connected?

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes

CMESTRONG

I have attached a screenshot of our setup. I only have the Netgear modem

attached. everything goes through the Netgear which is then attached by

ethernet to the smarthub. As you can see there is a large amount of data

usage difference. I appreciate the help in resolving this issue.

Carole

On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 10:03 AM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

CMESTRONG wrote:

I have attached a screenshot of our setup. I only have the Netgear modem

attached. everything goes through the Netgear which is then attached by

ethernet to the smarthub. As you can see there is a large amount of data

usage difference. I appreciate the help in resolving this issue.

Carole

On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 10:03 AM, vzw_customer_support <

There is no attachment  You can't send an image to the Verizon Wireless Community forum through the email reply to a notification of a new post on the discussion thread. You need to sign into the community forum directly and navigate to the specific thread and post the images to the thread via the site. Before posting the images, be sure to remove any personal information from the images 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

CMESTRONG

Sorry about the attachment. I have included the screenshot here.  As stated before I went round and round with a level 1 tech about this in November. We were sent a new hub. Same issue.

Thanks for your help!!

Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 10.22.50 AM.png

0 Likes