Highlighted

Why have my text messages to Canada not been delivered?

Sent a few text messages this weekend to recipient in Canada. Did not hear back and called and able to leave voice message. Checking message report and shows Pending status for the last 3 texts. What have my text message not been delivered? Want to add it is possible the recipient traveled out of Canada for the weekend.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Sent text messages to friend in Toronto from New Jersey area. Checking text report shows Pending status for these messages. Why have they not been sent or should I say received by intended recipient? I called and was able to leave a voice message so a

Sr. Leader

Does your friend in Canada have Verizon Wireless service? If not, you will not get a "delivered" update. Verizon can only give you a "delivered" update for users on their own network.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Sent text messages to friend in Toronto from New Jersey area. Checking text report shows Pending status for these messages. Why have they not been sent or should I say received by intended recipient? I called and was able to leave a voice message so a

Expert

That is my understanding too. Only messages sent between Verizon Wireless customers will have the delivered status information available. There isn't a delivery receipt when sending to another carrier.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes