Highlighted

Why doesn't my bill get reduced if my contract is completed and the phone is paid off?

I am still on an old two-year contract with a subsidized phone. I found out when the contract is completed my bill is not reduced even though the phone is now paid off over the two year period.

With the newer plans, there is no contract and no phone subsidy. So now we pay the same bill amount each month AND we get to pay full price for new phones ($800) instead of the old subsidized cost of $300.

So I guess these new plans effectively raised the cost for customers and has no benefits for us, only Verizon...?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Why doesn't my bill get reduced if my contract is completed and the phone is paid off?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Fmalloy, we really don't want you to be confused about how the line access charges change according to the plan. Lets go over some things. Our friend gave the perfect example with the bill screenshot. When you change over to the current plan, but your line is still under a two-year agreement you stay at $40.00 until the line comes out of the previous agreement and then you are taken down to $20.00 a month. The savings that you get from having a lower cost data plan, and lower line access fees makes up for the monthly cost of the phones.

Does that help you to understand your bill better?

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Why doesn't my bill get reduced if my contract is completed and the phone is paid off?

Novice

fmalloy wrote:

I am still on an old two-year contract with a subsidized phone. I found out when the contract is completed my bill is not reduced even though the phone is now paid off over the two year period.

I had one line that was still under a 2 year contract when I switched to the New Verizon Plan.  After the contract ended the line access fee automatically dropped from $40 to $20.

Nationwide Talk & Text Plan 700

• Plan access fee $80
  • Line access fee $9.99
  • Smartphone 2GB data plan $30
  • Monthly payment with 4 smartphones $239.96

New Verizon Plan 12GB

• Plan access fee $80
  • Line access fee $20
  • Monthly payment with 4 smartphones $160

I'm saving $80 a month on the new plan.  What plan are you on?

discount.png

This is from the bill following the end of the 2 year contract.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Fmalloy, we really don't want you to be confused about how the line access charges change according to the plan. Lets go over some things. Our friend gave the perfect example with the bill screenshot. When you change over to the current plan, but your line is still under a two-year agreement you stay at $40.00 until the line comes out of the previous agreement and then you are taken down to $20.00 a month. The savings that you get from having a lower cost data plan, and lower line access fees makes up for the monthly cost of the phones.

Does that help you to understand your bill better?

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

If you're still on an old plan, more everything is my guess, after your phone is paid off or contract is up, you have to call or chat to get the month2month discount applied. On the more everything with 6gb of data or more, the discount is $25. If you're on the new verizon plan, the discount is $20.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I switched over to what is listed as "NEW VERIZON PLAN SMALL (2GB)". It shows a $40 line access fee and a $35 account access fee. That's a total bill (not including all the fees and surcharges) of $75. This is more than my old 450min plan and seems very high for one phone with only 2GB of data.

0 Likes

Verizon Employee

Fmalloy, we always want you to have the best value possible. I'm here to help. With our new Verizon Plan you do get unlimited calls, unlimited messages and 2 GB of data Carryover Data FAQs | Verizon Wireless . You also get Carryover Data and Safety Mode Safety Mode FAQs Use Safety Mode to Help Avoid Data Overage Fees | Verizon Wireless .

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

If your line access fee is still $40 even when switching to the new plan, it makes me think you have not completed the contract you're currently on.

Switching from the more everything on a 2 year contract, to the new verizon plan doesn't make your current contract go away.

0 Likes
Covid19