Highlighted

Why doesn't Verizon care about loyal customers?

JERBLU34

My family has been loyal customers of Verizon for at least 10 years.  The account was in my wife name for 8 and mine for 2 (Had to assume account to get employer discount).  After giving up my unlimited data and upgrading last year I was put on the more everything plan with 10 gigs.  This plan had $15 line access and was $80 for plan with device agreement.  In the fall of that year I also assumed my mother and father in laws phone lines because they couldnt pay.  It was this June after my father in law passed that I cancelled his and upgraded the mother in law to a smartphone.  I then had 5 smartphones on a 10gig plan.  Last Saturday I paid my wifes edge off and bought a iphone because we had problems with the g4 she had even after Verizon sent replacements.  I was told while upgrading to talk to customer service about my plan after I had mention it to the sales person.  The prior month we had used almost 10 gigs and almost gone over.  That Saturday I called and the rep from Verizon put me on the XL plan because he had said there wasn't but like 5 to 10 dollars difference in the price of the plan.  Later that day I received and email that broke down the bill and I was lied to.  They hadn't took into account that my line access was $15 on the lines.  They had promised my bill would have been around $340 and it ended at $366.  Bear in mind that was with a 22% employer discount(With out discount it would have been $387 dollars for 5 phones).  So the next rep i called put me back on the prior plan because the new plan wasn't what they promised.  But she had to post date it till sept so that my bill wouldn't be crazy high.  Yesterday I called Verizon back to get better handle on why it would cost some much to get a little more data.  The rep on the phone looked at the bill and discussed it with me and then offer to put me on a old plan that was similar to the 10gigs but was for 14gigs that was still on the more everything plan.  I was promised that the bill would be around $346 and I was ok with that.  Once again I received a email that stated the bill would be $366 a month.  I once again called customer service and was told that was wrong and was post dated to go back to 10gigs after the sept cycle of the bill.  There is literally $20 being the problem.  They moved me to a plan after loosing the unlimited where the line access was $15.  Now since they changed their plans the line access is $20 dollars. Don't have a problem paying $10 for more data.  But getting screwed out of $5 more each line for access Is not right. Do you not care for customer loyalty?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Why doesn't Verizon care about loyal customers?

Weth
Sr. Leader

The problem is you have to temporary promotions that are no longer offered -- 10 GB for $80, and $25 month to month access discount. 

Since these are no longer offered, you must either stick with what you have, or switch to a newer plan.  There is reports of a 12 GB plan for $80 be offered starting tomorrow, and you can get carryover and safety mode.  That will be $10 cheaper than what your post change bills showed. 

pherson
Leader

My rebuttal is why wouldn't it be right? People make mistakes. Per the terms and conditions of your agreement of service they can't be held liable.

Next, the pricing of consumer goods does not go down; it goes up. If it steadily went down per profit organizations would go out of business. Now, I don't know what features you have on your lines to make that high but it sounds like device payments. Call customer service and ask for line by line charges and see if there is a different plan. Keep in mind tho, loyalty is a relative term and that does not get you a special custom made plan.

0 Likes

JERBLU34

My rebuttal to that would be this.  I'm not asking for something for nothing.  I realize you have to pay more for more data.  And yes I have the device payments on the plan.  This is the issue.  When I got these device agreements my line access was going to be $25.  And the data plan charge was a separate thing( it's the only part that gets my employer discount).  The problem is the device payment is up in June 2017.  That was the agreed line access for the device agreement.  Now that I need a increase in data.  Why shouldn't I still have that line discount till the agreement is paid.  Why should that increase if I paid more for data.  Wouldn't be a problem with me if I could pay for more data without the line incremade then when I got a new device if it went up then I could buy a different phone to adjust the cost to keep it close to the same.  But the way it is I'm trapped and may eventually pay an overage.  Just think the line charges should have changed as new device agreements are done in the future.  There are 3 lines that still have the old agreement.  So that $15 per bill till June.  So about $135.  I pay approximately $3960 a year.  And I pay my bill on time.  Pretty sure your Verizon isn't losing any money on me.  I'm not asking for something nothing.  Just feels like a bait and switch.  A little customer service goes a long way. 

JERBLU34

Line access is 15 now not the 25 i said above.

0 Likes

Acrillix

Why should you be entitled to be treated differently? YOU signed a contract. No one strapped you to a chair and forced you to be with VZW. Honestly if you don't like it, then disconnect, pay your fees, and go experience the same thing at a different carrier.

pherson​ Bro I am so tired of these 'entitled' people. You chose to be with VZW theres the door if you don't like how things are done.

JERBLU34

No entitlement here.  If I was under a new device payment when I upgrade.  And everyone upgrades.  If you change the line access that is fine.  I entered into the agreement.  In the past if you had a 2 year contract the terms were the same until you signed another contract.  This is for principle.  They changed the access price on a device agreement im still paying.  Just think they should honor the access fee terms until my next upgrade.  Because that line discount was given to me because I edged.  Not asking for something I didn't agree to. You should honor the line access price agreed to at the device agreement till a new device agreement is done.  Not tie it to the data you choose.  Entitlement really?  Not complaining at all about paying more for data.  Just think they should honor access fee till a new device agreement.

0 Likes

joey2007ua64
Novice

You also took advantage of another limited time promotion that reduced the price of the 10GB More Everything Plan from $100 to $80.  That promotion ended a long time ago, and If you want to continue receiving that discount you can't change your plan.  The 14GB More Everything Plan is $40 more than your discounted 10GB plan.  The table below shows the normal price of the More Everything Plans.

mep.png

change.png

There is no bait and switch here. Verizon is honoring the terms you agreed to.

On the New Verizon 16GB plan you would have received 2GB/month of bonus data for life when you upgraded that line last Saturday for a total of 18GB.  That is almost twice the data allowance of your current plan for just $35 more.

I had the same plan and discount before switching to the New Verizon Plan.  For me the price difference was worth the features of the new plans.  I currently have 4 lines on the 16GB plan with 8GB of bonus data for a total of 24GB/month. This month I have 40GB of data to use because of my carryover data.  With safety mode I don't have to worry about overage charges.

Verizon has shown that they care about their "loyal" customers by providing the features they have been asking for with these new plans.

Community Manager
Community Manager

JERBLU34-

We value your loyalty and want to make sure that you are on the best plan possible for your usage and your pocket book. I'm troubled to read that you have received several inaccurate bill estimations and want to make sure that we provide a resolution, once and for all. I'm going to be sending you a message to your community inbox within the next few minutes to discuss your account. Please reply in private. Thank you very much.

AmberK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Weth
Sr. Leader

The problem is you have to temporary promotions that are no longer offered -- 10 GB for $80, and $25 month to month access discount. 

Since these are no longer offered, you must either stick with what you have, or switch to a newer plan.  There is reports of a 12 GB plan for $80 be offered starting tomorrow, and you can get carryover and safety mode.  That will be $10 cheaper than what your post change bills showed. 

vzepa9
I wonder the same thing- I have currently have 9 lines with unlimited plans and 8 of the 9 have phones that are paid off. Verizon currently has a buy one get one offer on the iPhone XR. but because I'm long time existing loyal customer I can not take advantage of this offer or in fact any other offer. You would think that with all of the increased competition Verizon would want to offer incentives to keep their existing customer base. The best part of this is if I would cancel an existing line and then add a new one I can not keep my existing phone#. It is no wonder that T-Mobile is gaining more and more subscribers every quarter. I've been contemplating a switch and once that 9th phone is paid off- this just might be the final reason to switch.
0 Likes