Why does another user on my account have access to my bank information?

MKVarana

Why does another user on my account have access to my bank information?  They accidentally made payments using my bank account 3 times this month, costing me a $36 overdraft fee, caused me to be without money for a week, and almost did the same thing to me 2 more times.

I don't understand why that information is shared when we have unique logins for the account.  No other site I've used with shared accounts have done this...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Why does another user on my account have access to my bank information?

Community Manager
Community Manager

MKVarana,

Yikes! I can see how that could become problematic and we definitely want to ensure you have all the tools to manage your account effectively online. Only the Account Owner or Account Manager would have the ability to view/modify such information when online. If you are the account owner, this would mean that previous you or another with the Account Owner privilege added  the Account Owner thus allowing them full access to the account. If you would like to ensure you would be the only user with this access their role as an Account Manager would need to be removed. This would then prevent them from saving specific payment methods but they could still pay toward the balance. Find out more, including how to remove Account Managers, by visiting https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/assign-account-manager-roles-faqs/.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Why does another user on my account have access to my bank information?

Community Manager
Community Manager

MKVarana,

Yikes! I can see how that could become problematic and we definitely want to ensure you have all the tools to manage your account effectively online. Only the Account Owner or Account Manager would have the ability to view/modify such information when online. If you are the account owner, this would mean that previous you or another with the Account Owner privilege added  the Account Owner thus allowing them full access to the account. If you would like to ensure you would be the only user with this access their role as an Account Manager would need to be removed. This would then prevent them from saving specific payment methods but they could still pay toward the balance. Find out more, including how to remove Account Managers, by visiting https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/assign-account-manager-roles-faqs/.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes