Highlighted

Why does Verizon say my SIM card doesn't work on their network when I've been using it for 3 years on their network and it currently DOES work?

I am trying to change devices on an existing line and there are three steps:

1) Check new device: fine!

2) Check sim card: Error - SIM card does not work on Verizon.

And yet, this is the SIM card that I am currently using on Verizon, that I got with my old phone from Verizon and that says "Verizon" on it.

What is going on?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Why does Verizon say my SIM card doesn't work on their network when I've been using it for 3 years on their network and it currently DOES work?

Expert

The existing SIM card activates the new phone. The system is told by the SIM card which phone model you are now using.

I haven't had to use the online switch system for close to five years now and I have switched phones over a dozen times since.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Re: Why does Verizon say my SIM card doesn't work on their network when I've been using it for 3 years on their network and it currently DOES work?

Expert

Does the existing SIM card fit into the new phone? If so, just swap it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Yes, it does. But then how do I activate it? How do I let Verizon know I am using a new phone?

I never get to an "Activate" screen or button. It tells me I need to order a new free SIM.

Highlighted

Expert

The existing SIM card activates the new phone. The system is told by the SIM card which phone model you are now using.

I haven't had to use the online switch system for close to five years now and I have switched phones over a dozen times since.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Buckle up vzw ts, because the word is out that your 5g roll out is breaking SIM cards lower than version 5. Just imagine the millions of vzw user's with earlier version SIM cards that will need replacement. 

That is going to be so much fun for you!

0 Likes