Highlighted

Why do Verizon sales reps Lie - a quote from your customer success team - disappointed 13 year customer of Verizon

AmyCady

I just spent 40 min on the call with Verizon Wireless and I was told "our sales reps lie".   We were told we would get a $25 credit to our plan with "renting" a phone (exact words of the sales rep located at Corte Madera store - WE WILL PAY YOU $3 for having this phone.  To good to be true we thought but trusted him and Verizon.  The reason for the $25 credit is because of our 13 year customer loyalty to Verizon, NOT because of the data plan we are on.  So my customer service call was why are we only seeing a $15 credit?  Answer: "Because our sales rep lie"....very disappointing.  The rude supervisor simply said go into the store and take it up with them.  I have never been so unhappy with Verizon and now considering a change.  Simply for a $10 credit to a bill over the duration of my husband "rental" plan.  On top of that I have been overpaying for our plans for years per another sales rep (which was not a lie).  What has happened to the original, customer first Verizon?  Also fix your stores if they LIE. 

Labels (1)
Highlighted

Re: Why do Verizon sales reps Lie - a quote from your customer success team - disappointed 13 year customer of Verizon

Ann154
Expert

Did you sign up for the Edge payment option on a phone? What is your data plan amount? The Edge discount is based on your data plan.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Why do Verizon sales reps Lie - a quote from your customer success team - disappointed 13 year customer of Verizon

Snn5
Sr. Leader

This is very true that the Edge plan is certainly the most confusing plan to understand.  It has a lot to do with how the sales reps pitch the sale and the wording used.  It seems that, while some of the pitch is true, that the wording used makes it seem better than it is.  Using a series of back-tracking and work-arounds in the plan's description, it's very possible to get customers to go that route and in turn create a myriad of customer relations problems just to sell a plan.  The  plan isn't straight forward in a retail store like it may be in readable form online.  Between the discount here, but more money there and the "if you have x amount data here you save less there but more here if you have x data there" combined with the trade-in amount, rebate card, and the other seemingly complex details I see how this can be a mess.  I know, as a former sales person in similar fields, that it is always better to truthfully represent the greeting, qualifications, features and benefits, objectively contrast the misconceptions and objections, and close a sale where the customer is comfortable in the end.  Any other means or tactic or slyness usually results in the sales person becoming uncomfortable when the customer returns completely unsatisfied. 

brando8998
Novice

Well in curiousity what did happen when you went back to the store and asked that sales person what happened to the $25 discount promised? In all fairness the customer service over the phone would not know if the store lied to you or not. It would serve probably as a better resolution to escalate to that sales person manager in store for them to honor the agreement that was promised to you.