Why do I receive voice mails when the phone never rang?

At least once a week I receive a voice mail from someone (typically my husband) after they've called & haven't answered...because the phone never rang!

This has been happening ever since I had the phone (Droid Maxx), which has been about 1 year. It can get very annoying, especially this week when I had to play phone tag with the hospital to schedule my daughter's surgery.

We do live in a semi-rural area, but with a Motorola phone you'd think there'd be little if any issues.

Please advise, and please don't suggest a signal booster as I can't afford one.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Why do I receive voice mails when the phone never rang?

Community Manager
Community Manager
satipler,

We understand the importance of having relaible serivce. It is alarming to see you have been having issues for so long. Let's look further into this for you. May I get a little more information from you? What zip code are you in? Does this seem to be happening just with your husband or all calls? Is this happening in a specific spot (ex: home,work) or all over?

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Zip code is 48642. It happens mostly when my husband calls because he's the one who calls me the most, though it does happen with other calls. It mostly happens at home but has happened in other places too. Our home is located in a fringe area, strongest signal I can pull, even with a Motorola phone, is -110 in 4G. I did turn in my Maxx and bought the Maxx 2; we'll see if the same thing happens.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

I know it is important to get your husbands phone calls satipler. I do not see any issues in that specific area. How long have you had this issue for? How far do you have to go in order for your service to improve? Does it only happen indoors?

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

This happens to me sometimes too. It happened with my iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, LG G2, LG G3, Motorola Bionic, HTC Thunderbolt, Samsung Galaxy S3, Note 2, LG Vortex and pretty much ay other phone I have ever had. How about a land line for when you are at home?

It is just the nature of the beast.

Covid19