Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Re: Why do I receive long text messages in multiple texts instead of one?

Heliomaxx

Converting the sms to a multimedia message both in sending and receiving messages is the solution to this. I believe 145 characters is the limit (emojis take up more than 1 character), that's why the creator of this thread had multiple txts with less characters than 145 (multiple emojis).

If I'm wrong, sorry, that's just what I've discovered and it's flipping annoying.

Verizon sorry is smoking something/doesn't care if they can't explain that this is the definition of a SMS vs a multimedia message.

Not sending messages in order is dumb. The sms should break up each message and number them each in sequential order. Then it should send message #1 and not send message #2 until a "sent" receipt was received...or 5-10 sseconds have passed.

Or....they sould have an option to convert ALL messages over 145 characters to be converted to a multi media msg

0 Likes

Re: Not that frustrated by this. There are worst things.

kaleadean

I have had this problem as well and for a long time too, probably around 5-6 years at least. Only certain callers, different carrier, iphone not android, not sure what exactly the glitch is.

Whatever the case, yeah, it can be a little annoying but to the point people will switch to a different provider annoying? WOW! That's a bit much! Add that to the self righteousness oozing from this post makes this a prime example of FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS.

GET A GRIP PEOPLE. The impression you are leaving here is one comparable to a bunch of spoiled brats.  Don't kids like puzzles? Three pieces shouldn't be that hard to put together. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

kaleadean, we appreciate these details. This is definitely odd. Let's figure this out. You mentioned that these are two known contacts that this is happening from. Have you been able to delete these two contacts from this person's phone & then re-add them to the phone? When you do this, do the phone numbers still come up this way? AliciaD_VZW

kaleadean

I think you responded to the wrong post regarding my issue which is in a completely different thread. But since you asked,  This is not what is shown on the actual phone the calls are coming in on. This is what I am seeing on my verizon smart family parent line. It has only happened about 4 times. I was told that it could be a bug in the software on the phone but nothing more detailed than that. I suspect that there could be a voip line connected to this particular phone line but how would one confirm that? Could you maybe move this to my original post?

0 Likes