Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.
Re: Why do I receive long text messages in multiple texts instead of one?
cyndie1030

I have experienced this issue for years on many different phones (all Android) when I get texts from iPhones on AT&T.  It has nothing to do with where I am or they are.  My daughter just switched yesterday to Cricket (which uses AT&T) and an iPhone and sure enough, got a long text from her today and it broke it up into three texts, the last one only containing an "m" from "them" in the previous broken text. 

Seriously, this has been going on for years and there is no fix?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Cyndie1030, we understand how frustrating it can be to receive a long text message broken up in multiple text messages and out of order. Does this only happen when you receive a long text message from an iPhone on AT&T or any long text message you receive? What make and model phone you are you using? Do you use the standard messaging app on your phone or a third party messaging app?

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cyndie1030

It is only on long text message coming from iPhones using AT&T and now from my daughter who just switched to Cricket.  Messages from her iPhone or anyone else's on Verizon do not break up.  But the first long text I got from my daughter's iPhone after she switched from Verizon to Cricket got broken up.

Long texts from a friend using an iPhone and AT&T also have broken up and I used three different Verizon Android phones over that time.  I am now using a Pixel XL but it previously happened on a Nexus 6P, Motorola X and Droids before that.

I am using the standard messaging app at all times.  No third party, no Verizon Message+ (but did use Message+ on Moto X and it also happened there).

0 Likes
LINHUN30

My text do the same thing, it gets annoying because you have to figure out where it starts and ends

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

LINHUN30, putting puzzle pieces together via text is never fun. May we ask, what make and model phone do you have? Which messaging app do you use? Do you find this happens from all senders?

LorenB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
roman303

Ive got a Google pixel2 and im having this issue all the time now.  Is there a fix for this? My old phone was an android DNA and this wasnt an issue.

0 Likes
imacrazycritter

While I can't be completely technical, I've been researching this issue for 7+ yrs. At different times, it occurred with different phones. I began to initially notice it with basic phones, while I was using smartphones.

About 5+ yrs ago, smartphones had the option to check a CDMA option. It'd automatically fix the incoming broken up, jumbled txts for the smartphone viewer (at least this was on Samsung, LG & iPhone). As of my last upgrade in 2016, this option disappeared, & the problem seemed to also fade away.

Then, this yr, my friend upgraded to a smartphone with T-Mobile, & it began happening again. It made no sense. With more research, I discovered it has nothing to do with the phone's capabilities, but the CDMA communications, which are controlled by the carrier. Since then, I've noticed it rarely occurs, but when it does, it's not with VZ, AT&T, & many others. However, T-mobile has been a common denominator.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
roman303

No sorry that wasn't any help at all.  You Basically repeated what has already been said. Thank you though

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

roman303, we want to ensure that your messages are working properly for you. I understand that your messages are being broken up versus sent as one message when an Enhanced Message is being received on your Pixel 2. There are times when those messages will be broken up into individual messages. This can occur if the device isn't receiving a good mobile data connection, if there's an object in the text not recognized in the phone or if a system setting in the phone is blocking the permission (for example Mmsservice has a setting set to Never versus Allow). Were you ever able to receive an enhanced message as a single message on your Pixel2 or not at all upon getting it?

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sherpost

I too have this same problem on my Motorola Droid turbo 2 from iPhone AT &T users. I called support and they said they have never heard of it but now I see people talking about it on here. So yes it's very frustrating.

0 Likes