Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Re: Why do I receive long text messages in multiple texts instead of one?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you so much for taking time to work with us. Please send a message via Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/verizonwireless or tweet us at http://www.twitter.com/vzwsupport so we can offer more personalized support and run further diagnostics.

TabithaJ_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes

jeffH97

If they did half strikes in baseball, you guys would be at 2.5 right now. But I guess we can consider this a foul ball instead. I'll follow you down that hole, instead of waiting for a response on here I guess it'll be more fun to wait for responses on Facebook Messenger.

Normal people,

If you're having a similar issue about receiving long texts, message them on Facebook I guess. I apologize ahead of time for this not providing a solution to your problem. If they are able to fix it, I will post as much detailed solution as I can on here so others can know the problem was solved and the steps I took. Wish me luck.

0 Likes

deloused

Good luck with the split up texts! That is annoying when I've had it occur before. Personally I think the fastest route to resolution would be by calling their technical support since they have the most access to resolution tools and would see such issues more frequently since this issues have so many variables that could be causing it. For example, say an AT&T android customer using the Handcent messaging app while accessing  partner network tower is texting a Verizon android customer who recently ported in using an old messaging thread using the Hangouts messaging app whose auto-combination feature is turned off in their messaging settings, or may have incorrect APN settings in the phone- The issue could be with the sender's messaging app such as a setting or need to create a new thread to refresh now that the number is ported, local tower / service limitations, having the contact number stored incorrectly (11 digits instead of 10, or programmed as an iphone if the sender has one instead of android)

The many variability questions can narrow down the issue, plus Technical support can view how the troublesome messages are being received, such as are they coming in to the network whole and then delivered to you split, or are they coming into the network already split up from the senders end.

0 Likes

jeffH97

No solution ever found. Strike 3, you're out. My experience with Verizon has been horrendous and my [Removed] can only get so high.

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes

LESLIENART30

This (https://itunes.apple.com/app/apple-store/id922793622?pt=814382&mt=8&ct=how_i_email) is how I Email now

>

0 Likes

jeffH97

A call kept cutting in and out when I was on a business call today in a city. Thanks Verizon! You're quite the dog and pony show; so coupled with the whole texting thing this is it. I'm switching back. Good job ladies and gentlemen of Verizon, round of applause for all of you.

0 Likes

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

You always deserve the best service from us jeffl -197. We don't want you to leave our family and would love the opportunity to help with any service issues you're experiencing. What is the zip code you were located in? Is the first time this occurred?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

basslakeview

No, it's not the first time it has happened. My zip is 75602. I read

where others have had the same experences.

Thank you.

Elizabeth

On Feb 1, 2017 1:37 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes

SIMSZY94

I am also having this same problem, and it also happens only with one particular friend who is using an iPhone on AT&T.  Long messages get broken up into pieces, often arriving out of order, just as others have reported.  Irritating!

- Simon

0 Likes

deloused

Simon- Since it's only happening for you from one AT&T iPhone sender it's likely that one of the following is causing the issue-

1) The sender has their 'Send as SMS' setting turned of in messages.

2) The sender has MMS messaging turned off in their messages settings.

3) The sender's device and/or yours is not in a strong data signal coverage area for their carrier at the time, has run out of the monthly plan's data amount, or has the cellular network data connection turned off.

4) The sender has your number stored in the 'IPhone' category for your contact info instead of 'Mobile' (if you don't use an IPhone), or they are using a third party messaging app with incorrect settings.

0 Likes